Ashley's Furniture in Fremont, CA.

We purchased our microfiber sofa on October 5, 2008, and still today November 6, 2008 the sofa is not here.

We were told it will be delivered on October 13, 2008. They said they had some trucking issues and the furniture should be in the ware house in two weeks. We called back in two weeks, they said it is still held up, now it will be ready by Oct 30, 2008. Once again they broke their promise and today they told us it will be in the ware house on November 12, 2008.

We wanted to cancel our order but was told a 30% restocking fee will be charged because they have to pay the corporate. How does that justify to the customer?? We haven't received our furniture neither do they have it in their warehouse, what are they charging restocking fee for.

I am very disappointed in the customer service they have to offer.Hopefully when the sofa comes it is not damaged.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

I purchased furniture in Feb.2010 from Ashley Furniture Store in Layton, UT.

I was disappointed that it would be 3 weeks for delivery, but went ahead with the purchase anyway. The store gave me a delivery date, and then "forgot" to call and schedule it. After waiting three weeks, I called back and they figured it out and scheduled it for 3 more weeks from that day. Then they called on the day of delivery and tried to reschedule it again.

I asked for a refund. They told me that the money I had put down for layaway would have to be taken in in-store credit (so that I can buy something else and start the whole insane process over again). I told them I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and they relented to refund me the entire amount. They were very quick about refunding me the layaway amount ($500), but it has been nearly 2 weeks and I am still waiting for the remaining balance (over $800).

No one can figure out where the money is and I have been told twice to wait. I am beyond frustrated with the whole situation.

Funny thing is TWO of my friends predicted this would happen after they learned I had purchased furniture at this store.Wish I had talked to them beforehand!

im a salesperson i work for a ashleyhome stores in california some customers are just to pickey if todays shopers are going to be picky then dont shop at ashley home stores and quick being so rude when you walk in to a store go to wallmart target home depot or lowes whee u wontg even get service us salespeople dont get paid enough to put up with grap from consumers

So, we did get our furniture, but I never came back to write, it was in good condition and they set it up for us. The quality of the furniture is good, but it was a painful process to get the sofa, just waiting and waiting. But I must say we enjoy our sofa and it is comfortable.

Good furniture stores are hard to find in Green Bay

feisty38one
Cabedelo, Paraiba, Brazil #55817

Both my brother and co-worker had late deliveries on leather sectionals.Even after several complaints to the Green Bay store, they kept promising different dates.

My brother's sectional arrived mismatched and had poor construction.Parts of it had to be re-ordered.

Beddau, Wales, United Kingdom #46199

I have contacted the store a few times, but they couldn't help us much.As I said I wanted to cancel, but was stranded because I do not want to pay 30% restocking fee to the Fremont Ashley's Furniture.

I don't understand what they are trying to restock if the furniture is not even in the ware house.

Still today, Nov 10, 2008 we haven't received our furniture.It is supposed to be in the warehouse November 12, 2008, lets see if it is actually there this time.

La Quinta, California, United States #46192

If you or someone you know is having an issue with their Ashley purchase, please review the following:

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. We request that you consider contacting the store directly for assistance, if you are unable to get assistance from the store, please feel free to contact the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department, so we can assist you by contacting the store on your behalf.

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs

One Ashley Way

Arcadia, WI 54612

You may also consider visiting our website, www.ashleyfurniture.com. Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the homepage.

We are here to help!