Resolved

Update by user Apr 05

Also, I would like to inform any future customers that are in the process or wanting to purchase merchandise from this store that Tony and his father owned a grocery store before owning this establishment. I have heard from multiple people that Tony was involved with fraudulent activities while his father owned this grocery store. I feel as if the money that was basically stolen from me even when I never saw the furniture or talked to anyone stating that the furniture was in transit is considered fraudulent activity.

Original review posted by user Apr 05

I purchased a king size bed from this store on a Thursday and my wife and I found out that the bed would not be able to fit in our Uhaul trailer.So we went back the following Tuesday to try and get our money back.

Related: Peeling Leather Sofa from Ashley Furniture

We walked in a and we were told to speak with Tony. We began to explain our situation to him and he first began to tell us that we could not get our money back at all. I argued with him and he was very rude to my wife and I both which obviously would anger anyone. He went into his office to make a phone call and said that he could not cancel the order and that it was already on its way to their store.

i began to ask Tony for proof stating that the merchandise was on its way to the store and he too dmd that there was nothing he could show me which is a lie because i called corporate and they said that any store can show a customer proof that the merchandise is on its way. He still stuck to his word and said that we would not be able to get our money back at all, so my family and I left. We then found out that there was a return policy of 30 days so of course we turn around and i went inside to speak with Tony again and he said he would go talk to someone again and began to tell me that we had to pay the 30% restocking fee which is almost $400. So I asked Tony again if he could show me proof that the merchandise was on its way or on a truck and he said nope I cannot.

So I just got my remaining amount back and left the store. I have called and talked to corporate and there is nothing they can do. I was given a phone number to call but it is customer service out of the store in Lagrange. When i first brought it up to him that i wanted to return it he took me to the back trying to persuade me that it would fit.

They try to say its all about the customer but really its not at all. They do not care about the customer, all they want is their money. Tony was very rude to me and did not care at all about my situation. All i want is my money back.

I will be calling to speak with Georgia Consumer Affairs office in Atlanta about this.I strongly urge anyone that wants to buy from this store not to.

I didn't like: I did not like the way my problem was handle, I did not like the way i was treated.

4.4
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $400
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

AshleyFurnitureCares
#1312082
Ashley Furniture Verified Representative

Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience.Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com.

Please put Pissed Consumer – and your name in the subject box.We would be happy to try to help.

Daniel