I had really never heard any bad reviews about Ashley Furniture!I always thought they had better quality of furniture then Value City or other furniture stores in my area.

Well I wish someone would have pre-warned me! I went into the story and order furniture on Feb. 19th paid cash. Per my receipt and what I was told it would be about 2 to 4 weeks before my furniture would arrive which was fine at the time.

Well 2 to 4 week has now turned into 2 months and counting. Today April 15th I still don't have any furniture! Each time I call (yes I call they've NEVER called me to advise me of anything)I'm given a different date as of yesterday I was told it was expected the week of May 11th.

IF I wouldn't of got such a good deal I would have gotten my money back 2 months ago.Whatever they tell you just remember DON'T BELIEVE the HYPE and DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!!

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

I bought a recliner in the Greenwood Indiana store on March 13 shortly after moving to the area and due to my rural location I opted to have the item delivered. My phone number changed during this time but Ashley had my correct Internet email address. The whole of March went by without a delivery or contact with Ashley. Finally, I went down to the Greenwood store on April 9 and gave them my current phone number. On Wednesday April 13 they called and told me they would be there between 3 and 6 pm Thursday. Waited around all day Thursday till after 6 pm. Nothing. No delivery, no phone call, nothing. Called up Friday mornoing, April 15. Was assured delivery would be between 3-6pm that day, Friday. Had to do things so arrived back at my place a few minutes after 3. Found a door hanger that Ashley had been there but missed me. A call to the number on the door hanger yielded the info that the delivery person had waited an hour and left the hanger at 3:08 pm. If so, he arrived at my place well outside the 3-6 pm window. Called Ashley and they said the "window" was just a suggested time. How about the truth- that you should stay at your house all day to wait for the delivery? At least you won't get people pissed off that way. Now my stuff won't be delivered until Wednesday April 20 even though it was paid for in full March 13.

I read the contract, and even though Ashley's performance has been abysmal, I can't get a refund. Bullsh*t.

Because of this company's...

Bottom line: If it's not in stock and they want you to order it, don't spend your money there. In manufacturing, this is known as JIT (just-in-time) ordering. That means it isn't built until it's ordered. Fine for manufactiuring but terrble for retailing. The merchant is fully protected, and the customer bears all the responsibility and consequence.

Bottom line: Ashley Furniture are crooks!

I had the most horrible experience at the Fountain Valley store in CA.They are more worried about their commisions than customer service.

Their delivery was awful, late, rude delivery men who cursed the entire time, left my place a mess, and were 3 hours late to top it all off! AND the store management and corporate office are complete idiots!

they claimed to issue a refund for my delivery fee & it's been 2 months, multiple phone calls, and still nothing!

I will NEVER shop ashley furniture again and will make sure to spread the word.

Just rember if you buy with a credit card You can Cancel the order with in 60 days...Contact your card company!!!! Maybe if enough of us do that...They might get the mesage

I purchased a tv stand from Ashely in Ledgewood, NJ on 3/13.It was delivered on 3/17, but was not usable since 2 left sides were installed in the cabinet area.

We called and they sent someone out that night thinking he could just switch the panel around, but did not work. Said they would order the correct part and be out the following week. Well the part came in on Tuesday the 23rd of March. Here is where the problem came in, they advised that they would not be able to come fix the actual stand until April 8th.

So over 3 weeks after i purchased it and paid for it in full, I would finally get to use the stand. I refused to wait after much arguing and non-repsonsive management staff (you have to hound them they don't call you back) they came to pick the stand up. Now the kicker is they are charging me a delivery fee since they could have fixed it and I returned it. ($44) Never mind the fact that it was not usable to begin with.

Avoid this store at all costs.My fight with them continues

DO NOT BUY BEDROOM SET FROM ASHLEY!!!WHEN I WENT TO MOVE MY KINGSIZE BED IT COLLAPSED.

ASHLEY'S FRAMES ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THREE SLATS HELD UP BY THREE LITTLE UNFINISHED BLOCKS. CALLED THEIR OFFICE AND THEY SAID THAT WHENEVER YOU MOVE ONE OF THEIR BEDS YOU MUST TAKE IT APART.

I GUESS THOSE PEOPLE NEVER MOVE THEIR BEDS TO CLEAN, PAINT, ETC.THE FRAMES ARE ***!!!

The reason everything is back ordered is because of the Chines New Year. Ashley manufactures all of their stuff in China and when the Chines New Year hits in February, its tradition for them to shut down everything for the month. Everyone in China does this - sucks for us but that is the price we pay when everything is made over seas.

You're going to regret buying Ashley,it's the cheapest made junk i've ever owned.My wife and i furnished our new home with the ***.

Both recliners were falling down after only 2 months.

The legs on the dining table started wobbling around inside 6 months and the drawer on my wifes dresser came apart from the hardware.Ashley isn't made from wood it's made from particle board and not worth bringing home if they gave it to you free.

junkjunkjunk1

I THOUGHT NATUZZI WAS BETTER BUT FOUND OUT IT CAME FROM CHINA MAYBE THATS WHERE YOURS IS

your complaint sounds just like mine. i bought furniture in the beginning of march and now im being told it wont be here until the end of may. very very pissed of customer :(