Ashley Furniture - Durablend Bonded Leather Reclining Sofa, loveseat and recliner set PEELING
I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc.set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012.
The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling on the cushions as well as on the head rests. I am embarrassed to have people come to my home and see my couches. Let me be more clear; the cracking started in under 1yr of having owned the couches, it is now been 3.5yrs and the couches are despicable to look at. No couch real leather or fake leather should be failing after 3yrs of daily wear and tear.
I was deceived into believing the leather was real, which is what I was looking for, and is the only reason these couches were purchased. Had I known the leather was bonded all over, I would've spent the $2,100.00 elsewhere towards a real leather couch set. I was told by the salesman that the couch set was REAL leather everywhere the body touched and that the durablend was only on the back where the couch needed to stretch in order to recline. The salesman also said he could knock down the price a little bit.
Needless to say when I returned to purchase the couch the salesman no longer worked there and in turn I had to pay the sticker price which was several hundred dollars more than previously told. Anyways, I paid cash for the set and was told it would be delivered on a Sunday; I double checked they made deliveries on Sundays and was reassured by the customer service clerk setting up the delivery that they did because the date was available in the computer. They were wrong, I was right. No Sunday deliveries.
I didn't receive my couches until after the new year. I wanted to couches for Christmas because I was hosting family for Christmas in our new home. I have read many complaints regarding Ashley's couches, furniture and Customer Service and they all say the same thing; that the store fails it's clientele in every category. I'm looking for a class action lawsuit against Ashley's right now for this particular couch situation.
Don't buy from this store. Don't believe anyone selling you anything at this store. Spend a little extra or drive a little further to get quality furniture. I was young when I bought this set and it was my first time purchasing a couch; I have learned my lesson.
beware of Ashley's furniture sold at other retailers.Basically, avoid all Ashley products just to be safe.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Price until i realized the product is terrible i felt ripped off
What I disliked
- Terrible product quality and peeling couches
- Customer service
- Couch set with lifespan under 3years
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a king size bed - 2 side tables, desk, bookshelf, oversized mirror, a large entry table, requested all to be delivered "boxed". The rails for the bed..."
- "I brought the sofa from Ashley furniture store 2 years ago which is very bad condition right now. I brought the warranty for $499 for 5 years so I called..."
- "Problem started three months after we bought our furniture the leather started peeling so we contacted the they sent a tech out who looked at it said he had to..."
- "Where do I begin? I am highly dissapointed I hear terrible reviews about walmart but did not believe them. Now I am a believer of the terrible and horrible customer..."
- "I purchased a 2003 Corvette on July 18, 2012, and discovered a major engine oil leak within the first 36 hours. Met with General Manager Jerry Bussey who agreed to..."
- "I took my 4 year old English Bulldog to Banfield yesterday (6/9/12) for emergency treatment. My dog was walking around in my backyard as she always does when she started..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."