1.4
Style and Design

I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc.set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012.

The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling on the cushions as well as on the head rests. I am embarrassed to have people come to my home and see my couches. Let me be more clear; the cracking started in under 1yr of having owned the couches, it is now been 3.5yrs and the couches are despicable to look at. No couch real leather or fake leather should be failing after 3yrs of daily wear and tear.

I was deceived into believing the leather was real, which is what I was looking for, and is the only reason these couches were purchased. Had I known the leather was bonded all over, I would've spent the $2,100.00 elsewhere towards a real leather couch set. I was told by the salesman that the couch set was REAL leather everywhere the body touched and that the durablend was only on the back where the couch needed to stretch in order to recline. The salesman also said he could knock down the price a little bit.

Needless to say when I returned to purchase the couch the salesman no longer worked there and in turn I had to pay the sticker price which was several hundred dollars more than previously told. Anyways, I paid cash for the set and was told it would be delivered on a Sunday; I double checked they made deliveries on Sundays and was reassured by the customer service clerk setting up the delivery that they did because the date was available in the computer. They were wrong, I was right. No Sunday deliveries.

I didn't receive my couches until after the new year. I wanted to couches for Christmas because I was hosting family for Christmas in our new home. I have read many complaints regarding Ashley's couches, furniture and Customer Service and they all say the same thing; that the store fails it's clientele in every category. I'm looking for a class action lawsuit against Ashley's right now for this particular couch situation.

Don't buy from this store. Don't believe anyone selling you anything at this store. Spend a little extra or drive a little further to get quality furniture. I was young when I bought this set and it was my first time purchasing a couch; I have learned my lesson.

beware of Ashley's furniture sold at other retailers.Basically, avoid all Ashley products just to be safe.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $2100. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ashley Furniture and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about ashley furniture furniture set from Ashley Furniture was customer service and couch set with lifespan under 3years Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ashley Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Ashley Furniture to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

AshleyFurnitureCares
Ashley Furniture Verified Representative

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture.Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com.

Please put Pissed Consumer – and your name in the subject box.We would be happy to try to help.

Thanks,