Ashley Furniture - Durablend Bonded Leather Reclining Sofa, loveseat and recliner set PEELING
I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc.set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012.
The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling on the cushions as well as on the head rests. I am embarrassed to have people come to my home and see my couches. Let me be more clear; the cracking started in under 1yr of having owned the couches, it is now been 3.5yrs and the couches are despicable to look at. No couch real leather or fake leather should be failing after 3yrs of daily wear and tear.
I was deceived into believing the leather was real, which is what I was looking for, and is the only reason these couches were purchased. Had I known the leather was bonded all over, I would've spent the $2,100.00 elsewhere towards a real leather couch set. I was told by the salesman that the couch set was REAL leather everywhere the body touched and that the durablend was only on the back where the couch needed to stretch in order to recline. The salesman also said he could knock down the price a little bit.
Needless to say when I returned to purchase the couch the salesman no longer worked there and in turn I had to pay the sticker price which was several hundred dollars more than previously told. Anyways, I paid cash for the set and was told it would be delivered on a Sunday; I double checked they made deliveries on Sundays and was reassured by the customer service clerk setting up the delivery that they did because the date was available in the computer. They were wrong, I was right. No Sunday deliveries.
I didn't receive my couches until after the new year. I wanted to couches for Christmas because I was hosting family for Christmas in our new home. I have read many complaints regarding Ashley's couches, furniture and Customer Service and they all say the same thing; that the store fails it's clientele in every category. I'm looking for a class action lawsuit against Ashley's right now for this particular couch situation.
Don't buy from this store. Don't believe anyone selling you anything at this store. Spend a little extra or drive a little further to get quality furniture. I was young when I bought this set and it was my first time purchasing a couch; I have learned my lesson.
beware of Ashley's furniture sold at other retailers.Basically, avoid all Ashley products just to be safe.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Price until i realized the product is terrible i felt ripped off
What I disliked
- Terrible product quality and peeling couches
- Customer service
- Couch set with lifespan under 3years
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a couch set - surface of the sofa upholstery wearing off. I purchased warranty - they say won't cover. Customer service kicked me out. Wasted 270 Dollars on warranty. Bargain best..."
- "Like so many other reviews posted, I made a BIG mistake buying from Ashley Furniture. The problem is the warehouse located in Newark, Delaware. When the furniture was..."
- "Loved the set but after a couple of months the middle seat was sinking, but After turning it over the wood split where the knot was, then comes the..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "IF you’re in a hurry, just watch the video https://youtu.be/SwRDVoFxK9A The rest is what led up to it. When I returned home Thursday afternoon my internet service via Sudden Link..."
- "This is how I received my order at walmart. This is not the first time. I'm so sick of receiving my orders with damage all over. I went to complain..."
- "This is the 3rd time second time I received such bad service at 2808 N. Sam Houston Parkway location in Houston, Texas.The first time, I ordered a chicken sandwich, they..."
- "The product I bought was the Tarkett Transcend AC622 Acacia Tamarin. Wow in the store looks great and very nice. Don’t be fooled it is the worst piece of material...."