Ashley Furniture - Durablend Peeling

My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling.The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable than leather.

We believed what we were told and thought the sectional would last a long time since there are just the two of us. In our case, the peeling began after about a year. Needless to say we were shocked and could not understand why the peeling happened. Bottom line, the fabric is just worthless and very cheap.

As my husband said, it's thinner than onion skin.We will never by anything from Ashley Furniture again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 43 Yes 43 5 No 5
Had the same issue 30 Yes 30
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 06, 2015 #954817

"One of the lower-cost alternatives similar to bonded leather is DuraBlend trademark by Ashley Furniture. DURABLEND is a Bonded Leather – consist of blended leather or particles of leather adhered together with a coating of PU (polyurethane). Contents: 57% polyurethane, 26% poly/cotton and 17% minimum leather shavings. DuraBlend provides the look and feel of 100% Leather or Leather Match at an economical price."
Durablend is bonded leather, they just don't directly call it that in an effort to further confuse the customer. Notice that actual leather is the lowest percentage content in the product. It's all mixed together and painted onto a backing. That's what you see peeling off- the fake leather coating.
Get real leather or stick with fabric. DO NOT get anything else, regardless of what the salesmen tell you. They just want to make the sale. They tell you you can get "leather" at a fraction of the cost, and they know they wont see you for awhile, as it takes a little time to start peeling.
It's a scam in the furniture business.

Pebbles LES

Feb 27, 2015 #951590 New York, New York

I always do research when I buy anything especially leather and being a single parent of 3 kids I decided to Purchase a leather sofa set from bobs furniture and ran across durablend leather which is really scraps of leather ironed out compressed and sold its the cheapest and the biggest scam that's out there... After reading about it I bought leather sofas for just a little more than I would of spent on the other one. Always do your homework

5 1 Reply

Jan 19, 2015 #933416

That happens when you have crotch rot. The rot spreads to the couch and eats it.

4 7 Reply

Mar 06, 2015 #955001 Houston, Texas

3 1 Reply

Mar 07, 2015 #955266

Are you an Ashley Salesman? Have you been sitting on the Durablend furniture before it ships to the customer?

Clean freek

Mar 17, 2015 #959765 Houston, Texas

You must be an ***! I bought a set from Big Lot's and it was extremely comfortable. The arms of mine began to peel and the head area. I keep my furniture covered with blankets, therefore not much of my body parts even touched furniture. One day took blankets off to wash, since I am a very clean person and was in shock at what I seen. Leather flakes everywhere! I called Big Lot's about it and told out of warranty. Furniture hasn't been sat on no more that 30/40 times at that and it's embarrassing! What sold me the furniture in first place was the name "Ashlee Furniture". There needs to be a class action suit filed on them for this poor product! I am disabled and on a very limited income social security. I don't have the money to purchase another one. So I am just stuck with a very comfortable set, and it's messing up the blankets I cover with cause of so much fake leather coming off and can't get it all off my throws. They have to be thrown out! Ashlee's is no longer considered quality furniture in my opinion.....

Jan 12, 2015 #930081 Orlando, Florida

My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling with pay $3000 same thing for the sofa and love seat

Nov 07, 2014 #896731 Fredericksburg, Virginia

it just goes to the old saying u get what you pay for and everyone knows that you cant beat leather for for wear motor cycles leathers fantastic cars leather seats wear forever just a little saddle to help clean it and it will outlast you just a thought.

3 0 Reply

Sep 16, 2014 #871221

I have the exact same sectional and mine looks just as bad

S. O. L. with Ashley

Aug 16, 2013 #701351

Yep, my dies blend sectional ALMOST lasted two years! For only $1900, you two can buy some of this "disposable" furniture! Lol. Btw: I paid for that crappy warranty that was useless...apparently this is "normal wear and tear".lol.

S.O.L. with Ashley

Aug 16, 2013 #701354

*dura blend...

Jun 01 #1167134

Yep same thing they told me, normal wear & tear my foot. Had it 3 & 1/2 years before it started peeling, called and complained; they sent me the new covers to put on & gave me a # to call to have them put on; starting at $75 an hour, big rip off. Protection plan is a joke too.

0 0 Reply

Jun 20, 2013 #667274 West Palm Beach, Florida

The same problems exist with City Furniture.
They are sister companys . Our real leather couches
fell apart after about a year and they just dont care.

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.