3.6K views
Featured Not resolved

My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling.The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable than leather.

We believed what we were told and thought the sectional would last a long time since there are just the two of us. In our case, the peeling began after about a year. Needless to say we were shocked and could not understand why the peeling happened. Bottom line, the fabric is just worthless and very cheap.

As my husband said, it's thinner than onion skin.We will never by anything from Ashley Furniture again.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

I bought a sofa & loveseat from Ashley in Odessa, Texas and 18 months later the loveseat cushions just started peeling and within weeks they were almost bare. I tried to order replacement cushions but they don't have mine available.

DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE.

Humble, Texas, United States #1313388

I have the same exactly the same issue. There is a class action suit against them, stand by and get your 6 dollars "settlement" check......sofa cost me $1500 and lasted about a year and a half

Devils Lake, North Dakota, United States #1248490

i Baught the same kind as you. Mine started peeling and will never buy this brand or kind again.

Pine Bluff, Arkansas, United States #1246243

My husband and I have the same problem. How do we get the claim started?

"One of the lower-cost alternatives similar to bonded leather is DuraBlend trademark by Ashley Furniture.DURABLEND is a Bonded Leather – consist of blended leather or particles of leather adhered together with a coating of PU (polyurethane).

Contents: 57% polyurethane, 26% poly/cotton and 17% minimum leather shavings. DuraBlend provides the look and feel of 100% Leather or Leather Match at an economical price."

Durablend is bonded leather, they just don't directly call it that in an effort to further confuse the customer. Notice that actual leather is the lowest percentage content in the product. It's all mixed together and painted onto a backing.

That's what you see peeling off- the fake leather coating.

Get real leather or stick with fabric. DO NOT get anything else, regardless of what the salesmen tell you.

They just want to make the sale.They tell you you can get "leather" at a fraction of the cost, and they know they wont see you for awhile, as it takes a little time to start peeling.

It's a scam in the furniture business.

to Scott Detroit, Michigan, United States #1283225

Thank you as your information was very informative for all of us.I was duped as well but it was from Gardener White.

It looks absolutely disgusting.

My couch before this blend was 100% leather.Had it for 15 years, gave it to my sister which still has it after 5 years and still in great shape.

New York, New York, United States #951590

I always do research when I buy anything especially leather and being a single parent of 3 kids I decided to Purchase a leather sofa set from bobs furniture and ran across durablend leather which is really scraps of leather ironed out compressed and sold its the cheapest and the biggest scam that's out there... After reading about it I bought leather sofas for just a little more than I would of spent on the other one. Always do your homework

That happens when you have crotch rot. The rot spreads to the couch and eats it.

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #955001

lmfao

to Anonymous #955266

Are you an Ashley Salesman? Have you been sitting on the Durablend furniture before it ships to the customer?