Ashley Furniture - Durablend Sofa/Love Seat

Update added by user Dec 24, 2015

NOV 2015 Ashely Furniture Corporate Refunded in Full the Cost of the Furniture with Tax.They offered me a Full refund it I would re-select something from the Store.

I didn't want to pursue anything further. I had hoped for a full cash refund so I could go to another store, but felt since they were attempting to make a wrong right, I took it.

Once I re-selected I purchased a Sectional with Top Grain Leather and a Full Ottoman, which cost me $700 more...but Ashely Store Mgr gave it to me for $100 and Free Delivery.

Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2015

I purchased this set in July 2012 since then it started Cracking and Peeling.I had also purchased the Extended Warranty.

Since I had that warranty I called and was informed that they could not fix or replace the Sofa/Love Seat. After reading on the internet about how so so many people are having the same problem I have tried to reach out to Ashley Furniture Store in Long Beach, CA and the Corporate Offices but to no avail. With this many complaint that i have seen on and Consumer Affairs I think it's time we all should see if we can get a Law Firm to settle this for us.

Ashley Furniture willingly sold a Product they knew was a defect.I found cases Months prior to me purchasing it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Ashley Furniture Durablend Sofa
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #711129 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 24 #1149232

I just purchased, 4 months ago, living room set. Best top grain leather on the market, according to them. The couch is peeling off already. Did not know good leather peeled. No problem I bought there warranty. Oh this is not covered. Going there today and suspect I will get the run around. Any suggestions ?

Dec 24, 2015 #1083497

Same sofa, same problem! How many of us do we need to file a class-action suit against them??

Oct 11, 2015 #1046586

I had the exact same problem. Purchased a Durablend loveseat from Ashley Furniture in Orlando, Florida in May 2011. By the beginning of 2013 it began to crack and flake off. The company refused to honor the warranty and said it was not covered. We finally bought a fabric loveseat cover to keep the flaking pieces off of the floor. Every time we remove the cover to wash it, we have to shake it outside and dozens of pieces of fabric fall out. Do NOT EVER buy furniture from this company! We learned our lesson the hard way!

Oct 11, 2015 #1046582

We purchase a similar sofa n love seat in 2012 and had the same problem.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.