Long Beach, California
100% full Resolved
1.4

Update by user Dec 24, 2015

NOV 2015 Ashely Furniture Corporate Refunded in Full the Cost of the Furniture with Tax.They offered me a Full refund it I would re-select something from the Store.

I didn't want to pursue anything further. I had hoped for a full cash refund so I could go to another store, but felt since they were attempting to make a wrong right, I took it.

Once I re-selected I purchased a Sectional with Top Grain Leather and a Full Ottoman, which cost me $700 more...but Ashely Store Mgr gave it to me for $100 and Free Delivery.

Original review posted by user Oct 05, 2015

I purchased this set in July 2012 since then it started Cracking and Peeling.I had also purchased the Extended Warranty.

Since I had that warranty I called and was informed that they could not fix or replace the Sofa/Love Seat. After reading on the internet about how so so many people are having the same problem I have tried to reach out to Ashley Furniture Store in Long Beach, CA and the Corporate Offices but to no avail. With this many complaint that i have seen on BBB.org and Consumer Affairs I think it's time we all should see if we can get a Law Firm to settle this for us.

Ashley Furniture willingly sold a Product they knew was a defect.I found cases Months prior to me purchasing it.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Sherrie Murray
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States #1348281

We are having the exact same issue.Purchased the sofa and trusted the Ashley name and purchased the additional warrenty.

Sofa is peeling and looks horrible. Claim is currently being reviewed (3 weeks...crazy). If they do not resolve this issue, I am collecting all of the complaints from the internet and taking them to my local BBB.org and our local news and newspaper.

We just had 2 new furnature stores open in town.Ashley need to stand behind the low quality piece o poo they sold us!

Chris C
to Sherrie Murray Long Beach, California, United States #1349432

I did exactly that...I also went to the BBB Site and Consumer Affairs and lodged a complaint there too.

It worked....I have the new sofa still and it looks brand new and I love it.

I just purchased, 4 months ago, living room set.Best top grain leather on the market, according to them.

The couch is peeling off already. Did not know good leather peeled. No problem I bought there warranty. Oh this is not covered.

Going there today and suspect I will get the run around.Any suggestions ?

Chris C
to Anonymous Long Beach, California, United States #1349435

I hope you followed my steps I Lodge complaints with BBB and Consumer Affairs... it worked.

CLEITNER

Same sofa, same problem! How many of us do we need to file a class-action suit against them??

I had the exact same problem.Purchased a Durablend loveseat from Ashley Furniture in Orlando, Florida in May 2011.

By the beginning of 2013 it began to crack and flake off. The company refused to honor the warranty and said it was not covered. We finally bought a fabric loveseat cover to keep the flaking pieces off of the floor. Every time we remove the cover to wash it, we have to shake it outside and dozens of pieces of fabric fall out.

Do NOT EVER buy furniture from this company!We learned our lesson the hard way!

We purchase a similar sofa n love seat in 2012 and had the same problem.

ccuaron