55 views
Verified Reviewer

On Feb 12, 2021 I ordered furniture on line. The site explains that it will charge my card in 2 steps, once when I order, and then actually take the money when the furniture is delivered.

The money was placed on hold, when the money was released. I placed it in a savings account. On Feb 20, 2021 I get an email that the order is on hold because my card could not be charged. When I call to find out why if delivery is not until March.

I am told that the company will repeatedly hold and allow the hold to fall away until the furniture is delivered. The reschedule was not ordered for several days later, and now the delivery date is in June. I am told the company will for the next 4 months repeatedly charge and allow the release for 4 months! The customer service person Vicky was combative and got upset as if this was her problem, the manager Cora Lee, was given the incorrect information for my call and when I told her the problem, she simply said nothing she could do.

I can call shipping if I want. No offer to handle this for me as a customer. Cora Lee stated there was no manager over her and she had no boss, that she was the top of the line. I advised her I would be filing a complaint regarding how this was handled, she made a huffing sound and kept talking.

I don't feel it is fair for me to wait another 4 months for the item, or that customers are not aware that this is actually how this is handled, not charged in 2 steps. Because of this false information, I made a decision that was detrimental to my purchase.

User's recommendation: Do not order from Ashley Furniture on Line, the furniture comes from Regency Furniture and a lot of the time, they don't even have it in stock.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Prices are good.

Comments