I purchased an Ashley fabric-covered recliner from a Menard's Store in Warren, MI about a year ago, and upon bringing it home noticed a significant chemical odor. I thought it was some kind of stain treatment that would dissipate in a short while.

We were out of state on vacation until early Summer, and when we returned, the odor seemed to lessen, probably because I leave the windows open in warm weather. When this Winter set in, I began to notice a sickening ashen-sweet smell that bothered me for about two months before I tracked it down to its' cause. Upon putting the recliner outside, the odor immediately disappeared. I appear to be out $300 for this chair, but of greater concern to me is the danger I and others have encountered if it has been treated with the deadly poison Formaldehyde.

How can corporations get away with marketing this garbage? I hope a law firm files a Class-Action lawsuit against Ashley!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Mattress.

Preferred solution: Full Refund and Total Recall of all related products.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Solidly-built.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Smells bad and is toxic, Quality of my furniture.

Comments