Verified Reviewer

1.8

Back on September 8, 2020 we ordered (order number; 0177****) a sectional couch at the Glendale store (zipcode: 11385). Our salesman Rich was very nice and helped us with our needs.

We told him the type of couch we wanted, what our measurements were and explained that we had a doorway that the couch cannot cover. We ordered a sectional that included 3 pieces ( a love seat, a single chair and a sofa with a corner wedge). We were told that the couch pieces can be arranged the way we needed to fit the area in our living room. When the couch arrived on Halloween day, we told the delivery men it was not correct and did not fit properly.

As they unwrapped the couch, they told us that they are only the delivery people and we would need to call customer service. They cannot take it back because it is already in the house. We told them that we would have never know it wouldn't fit if it didn't come in the house. They proceeded to direct us to call customer service.

That night we spoke to an instant message customer service agent on the website and they directed us to call the store we bought the piece from. The next morning we called the store and spoke to our sales representative. He stated that we had to call customer service because the couch is already there. We then called customer service who directed for us to put a request in via email.

We did that on the same day. Over a week later they reached out to us and told us there is nothing they can do for us because the couch is in our house. I explained that we have been voicing our concerns about this from day one and no one is receptive to us. She was very nasty to us and stated that "We know what we bought".

I explained that the long part of the couch is blocking our doorway and this is not what we discussed in the store. She stated that we saw a computer generated picture in the store. I said we did not. There is not a picture of the couch on the invoice.

It only says right and left and it doesn't identify if it is the right and left as your sitting on the couch or looking at the couch. She stated she was calling the store to verify if they showed us a picture. I was waiting on hold and she never returned to the call. She transferred me to our sales representative and I explained the whole situation to him again.

He stated he was going to speak to his supervisor and get back to us . They would try their best to help us out. This was 2 weeks ago. We have called and left messages and able reached out to our sales representative via text message with no response.

We have just been ignored and pushed aside because they got their money and do not care if their customers are satisfied or not. I am very disappointed with how this was handled. Whether we are wrong or right, as a retail store customer service should be a priority. We were yelled at, treated as if we were idiots and the bottom line is I explained that we did not see a picture in the store on the computer.

The woman stated they would have proof we did see it. I said ok show it to me because I know we didn't. She then transferred us and hung up. We were treated as if we were idiots and dealing with us was annoying them.

My family is in the middle of a full home renovation. Our couch was our first purchase. We are working on a full new dining room set, master bedroom set, office furniture and possibly a new bedroom set for my daughters room. However after the terrible customer service experience we had with Ashley furniture, resulting the minute we had a concern with the purchase of the couch, our business will have to be taken elsewhere.

Currently I now have a couch that does not fit my living room. I am forced to move the single chair our of the set in order for it to fit a space opposite the way we originally wanted it to.

The customer service was so very disappointing in this situation. Just the fact that there was no response to our concern, outright ignoring us or being spoken to as if we had no clue as to what we were taking about.

A sectional that was a purchase of under 3,000 has now costs the store many additional sales that would have resulted in 3 -4x's that price. Please advise if there is anything further that can be done to set this right.

User's recommendation: Dont assume your sales person is doing the right thing and ensuring you understand what they are explaining to you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ashley Furniture Pros: There furniture looks nice in the showroom.

Ashley Furniture Cons: I would never send anyone there, Does not work to resolve customer concerns in a timely manner, Terrible customer service.

Comments