2.0
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 10, 2017

Well... I was contacted by Ashley Furniture and after a few discussions, they said the Overly reclining sofa on the website is not the Overly sofa that was delivered.

They asked if we wanted a different sofa and we agreed. We picked a Toletta reclining sofa. Ashley delivered it and took the other sofa to their truck. I was flabbergasted that the reclining mechanism on the Toletta sofa would not work.

I told the delivery men we will not accept the sofa. They have you speak with someone on their cell phone and I explained why I would not be keeping this sofa. The lady said they will order another one and re-deliver.

I spoke again with the CS representative from Ashley and she apologized and said she would instruct the warehouse manager to make sure the next one was thoroughly inspected before delivery.

About a week later, the new Toletta reclining sofa arrived. The delivery men brought it in and we tried it... now just one side of the sofa wouldn't function right. Again I spoke to the lady on the phone and she said they could send a technician out in a few days to replace the defective mechanism.

I again called the CS rep at Ashley to update her and she could hardly believe it. She PROMISED we would not be stuck with a defective sofa. She said the technician may take a week to arrive.

That was a little over 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything.

I have tried calling and emailing the CS rep several times and haven't received a response.

Ashley claims they manufacture ALL furniture they sell and have bought different furniture manufacturers. If my experience is representative of their quality and service - they need to stop buying and start learning HOW to produce a quality product.

There will NEVER be another Ashley POS in my house again. I suggest you look elsewhere.

Original review posted by user Jan 11, 2017

We ordered a Overly Reclining Sofa from Ashley Furniture (ONLINE) and they delivered it 12/29/2016. First - they did NOT deliver what was ordered.

If you look at the picture on their website, the handles for the reclining mechanisms are on the outside of the ends. What we got was "hidden" levers which are buried inside the cushions. Then within 1 week of getting the sofa, there is a lump that has developed. The padding (lining) under the material has come loose and bunched up.

It's getting worse. Contacting Ashley is a JOKE. They said we have 3 days to let them know they brought the wrong sofa so nothing they will do now. They are ordering some parts for the "LUMP" but it will be about 3 weeks before it arrives...

THEN they will schedule someone to come out and repair it. So I'm guessing in another month or so we might have the lump gone. 3 days to let them know they brought the wrong sofa, but WEEKS for them to fix a quality issue.

NEVER AGAIN will I even look at ASHLEY and I suggest you look somewhere else too. I tried to review the sofa on the ASHLEY website, but of course, they won't let any negative posts be published......

Review about: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Selection.