I had bought an entire living room + bedroom furniture delivered last Thursday 3/1/12.Whomever put the bed together must have missed a screw or two because the bed collapsed the same night.
Angered, I called the Paramus location letting them know about the issue and they said that it was out of their control once the furniture left their store. I was directed to call customer care and did so right after. After having to explain the same story to three different customer service representatives I was told to email pictures of the broken bed to one of the reps. After doing that I was contacted later in the day and told to forward the same picture to another lady (why the rep couldn't forward the picture herself is beyond me.) Mind you, I stressed to them that I have a full time retail job where my hours are inconsistent each day and guests who are currently sleeping on the floor including myself since we are out of one room to spare.
After emailing the picture for the second time I was contacted a day later by the same rep telling me that I was *** out of luck until the following Wednesday morning (3/7) since they don't do deliveries or service requests on Monday, were already booked on Tuesday. I took the day off today (3/7) and I requested that someone come first thing in the morning to fix my bed so I could set up my room for the rest of the day. I was told that this was possible and although highly frustrated, I made do. I waited until 10AM this morning and no one showed up.
I called the same customer care rep and after she looked into it apparently the request didn't go through but she explained that she did everything correctly on her end which I found to be highly doubtful. I asked if they could have one of the trucks come back or send someone out with the plank needed to fix my bed and I was told this is impossible. I am currently waiting to hear back from the customer care rep to let me know exactly what time they will come tomorrow (3/8) and have to *** work ANOTHER day for no good reason. My experience with Ashley customer care has been awful.
Communication is obviously lacking between representatives and amongst the departments and individual stores do not seem to care to help solve the issue.I plan on never shopping at Ashley due to their horrible client service.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Bought this at Ashley Furniture Spartanburg SC 2 years ago and the Durablend is cracking and peeling off. Spoke to representative there and they would have the person over this issue..."
- "Loved the set but after a couple of months the middle seat was sinking, but After turning it over the wood split where the knot was, then comes the..."
- "THE WORST FURNITURE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Delivery men left couch wedged in the doorway, couldn't fit it in, so they left it right there and left!!! I purchased a whole..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "After you guys read this, almost all of you guys will be like "oh nooo, that is not true, he is lying" and I am OK with that. Say whatever..."
- "Received the online February Sale catalog for the Sons and Daughter horse sale. Advertised as big production sale, not an auction. BLS claims to have a lameness and..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."