2.3
Style and Design

Ordered a sectional in the store which I️ found out later was a special order.I️ gave the salesperson the needed configuration and she circled a bunch of items and asked me to sign the order which I️ did.

I️ assumed the salesperson had ordered the correct configuration. The one I️ gave her ona piece of paper. When it came it was the wrong configuration. So I️ complained.

I️ was then told I️ would be charged a 30% restocking fee ($600) to get the correct configuration. Felt like a scam. The manager was no help and kept referring to the policy and the paperwork that I️ signed. My mistake was trusting the salesperson could follow a simple diagram.

Refused the $600 fee and now have an oddly shaped conversation piece in my living room. At no point during the sale was I️ told or provided with paperwork which outlined the 30% charge. Then again, I️ assumed they would have actually ordered the one I️ wanted.

They made a sale but lost a customer-for life.Not a great business plan.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Unreasonable policies, Incompetent salesperson, Horrible customer service.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

AshleyFurnitureCares
Ashley Furniture Verified Representative

Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience.Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com.

Please put Pissed Consumer – and your name in the subject box.We would be happy to try to help.

Daniel