I am writing this in the hopes I can save others the same horrific customer service I have had to endure.I ordered a simple coffee table from Ashley.

Something one would consider a reasonably short order to fill. That couldn't be further from the truth. After placing an order and having the full amount charged to my credit card, the last screen on the order page says 'an order confirmation is on its way to your email address. Simple?

Wrong.....4 days....no confirmation. I thought I had better call Ashley and try and get a confirmation of when I could expect them to fulfil my order. Thank goodness I had the foresight to do a screenshot of the confirmation page because that would be the only sort of confirmation I would ever receive. After finally getting through to customer service on the phone, spelling my name a minimum of 5 times and giving my address at least that many times, the incoherent mumbling from the associate on the other end of my phone was indicating that they had no clue where my order was....when it may or may not be delivered or in fact whether anything would ever be sent.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was immediately passed on. It was clear first level customer service just wanted to get rid of any sort of problems. After all who in the world would actually expect answers when they call in????? The so called supervisor Travis was very smug.

It was impossible to make him understand that when you take somebody's money that they may expect something in return. In his opinion there was no actual problem because he couldn't see the credit card charge on his screen so how can it exist. The charge showing on my credit card bill shows otherwise! I told him I have proof.

He didn't care. His solution.... "I can pass this on to our web team". OK....I will hold.

According to Travis the people who take your money don't have a phone and can't be reached. The best they can do is pass on a message and hope somebody contacts me. Great job Travis!!! It's good to know that the money the company spends to bring in customers is wasted by your lack of any sort of customer service knowledge.

So, to summarize, Ashley furniture has a showroom filled with 'just OK' quality goods. No you can't take it home because they don't stock anything. You can give them some money online but beware, they have a team of specially trained customer service people to give you a lot of excuses why they need your money but don't actually feel obligated to give you a product in return. No....this isn't just a random complaint.

Read the rest of the reviews other customers like me have given not only here but virtually anywhere you can search for Ashley reviews online. To Ashley management.....good luck with the numbers game you are playing.

Unhappy customers mean your eventual demise.Again, BUYERS BEWARE!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer support representative.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

AshleyFurnitureCares
Ashley Furniture Verified Representative

Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience.Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com.

Please put Pissed Consumer – and your name in the subject box.We would be happy to try to help.

Daniel