Orlando, Florida

I bought approx. 5 grand in furniture from the Daytona ashleys furniture store.

All was delivered except the entertainment center which ended up being backordered 3 or 4 times. The first month after buying it i recieved no bill. then on Jan. 10, 2008 i got a phone call asking why i hadnt paid my bill on time to which i replied , thank god you called i was about to call you to enquire whats going on.

I ended up making a good faith payment of 800 dollars . Then that afternoon i recieved the bill in the mail . The original agreement that i signed was on the first bill with the price correct. However there was a second bill from the 2nd month and it showed an increase of one thousand dollars above the original agreement.

Much to my surprise i called the finance company and they informed me that I had obviously went back into the store and bought something extra. Well, I know i havent been back there . So i called the store and they wouldnt answer any of my questions. The manager wouldnt come to the phone and i was given a phony excuse that hes not allowed off the show room floor.

Ha Ha Ha.what a bunch of bunk.

So i called corporate head quarters in Jax. Fla. and was informed that it showed that i had went back in and purchased another piece of furniture. The corp.

manager was quite curtious and helpful in tracking down the descrepency. They had not included the cost of the dining table and chairs in the original bill. They said I went back into the store and purchased it later. Not so.

So someone must have forged my name on a second bill and sent it off to the finance co. If im not mistaking forgery is a federal offense and their little arbitration clause on the back of the bill of sale means nothing in that case. Im now contesting the increase with the finance co. and that will freeze the overage.and I will call the bbb and the city manager and get a lawyer.

seems the stores are all owned by the same person so it wont help to call corporate cause your gonna get the same brown bag full of you know what thing handed down to you again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Table.

Comments

Tammy

Due to the fact that the person who submitted a post on this site did not use their real name, we have no way of knowing if they actually contacted AFI for assistance. Therefore, if we do not hear from a consumer, we are unable to assist.

The HomeStores and authorized dealers that sell Ashley Furniture are independently owned and operated. If a store is unable or unwilling to assist with a warranty claim, Ashley’s corporate office can assist by notifying the store of their warranty obligations. We request that you consider contacting the Ashley Furniture Consumer Affairs Department. We are here to help!

Our contact information is as follows:

Email: consumeraffairs@ashleyfurniture.com

Fax: 1-608-323-6139

Phone: 1-800-477-2222, ext. 5013

Mail: Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.

Attn: Consumer Affairs