Tampa, Florida

A week ago, I obtained a price for a dining room table and 4 chairs of $449. I was advised by the salesperson that a 20% off sale was scheduled for December 16th so I waited.

When I went to purchase the same table and chairs that I was quoted $449 during the 20% "friends and family sale", the price now is $499. I guess that is how they make customers think they are getting a great deal. The customer service is terrible.

They handle several customers at a time so you are held captive in the store to make a simple purchase. Do your homework before buying anything from this company, especially in the north Tampa location.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Table.

Comments

Ashley Furniture DOES offer a "Friends and Family" discount. According to the Assistant Manager at the Ashley Furniture in Austin, TX, it is a 15% discount that they give you to help push the sale.

Also, the customer is correct in that they raise the prices of the furniture when they have a "sale". For example, the price of an Armoire that I was interested in getting before the recent sale of 13% off they held the past week or so was $550. However, during the sale event, the same Armoire was priced at $775.

When I asked why the price had increased so much, the salesperson gave me a number of excuses like inflation, cost of materials had increased, the economy is still doing very badly, etc. Now, 13% off $775 is roughly $100 ($775-$100=$675)making this Armoire more expensive than it was before the sale and in case you are wondering, I chose not to purchase the Armoire.

Do I have this right? You are bellyaching because the item was discounted to $399 and you would have paid $50 more prior to Dec 16?

The point is you pay less by waiting to Dec 12. You'd *** if you were hung with a new rope.

Ashley Furniture does not offer "Sales" so you are mistaken. There are no friends and family sales nor sales of ANY kind.

can u bargain with this company on price?

ALL THE COMMENTS POSTED HAS HELP ME TO KEEP LOOKING PASS ASHLEY FURNITURE !

Ashley Furniture Reviews