Ashley Furniture - Leather Sofa Peeling

I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them.I had them no more then 2 years & they started peeling.

I called Ashley's to put in a report so they sent me paper work to fill out. I filled them out & sent them in to be told "Sorry we don't cover defeats in the sofas only accidental. So I told them my kid flopped down on the sofa to sit & it "accidentally" ripped. They laughed at me & said I was crazy to even think they would cover THEIR DEFEATED sofas with my response.

I have gotten no where with them! I have since posted pictures of my sofas on their Facebook Page every chance I get to show people what happens when they buy from this place.

Ashley continues to post to contact them on this issue which I have to only have the same supervisor that laughed at me in the first place.There has to be something that can be done about this dishonesty this place is doing to customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 32 Yes 32 3 No 3
Had the same issue 47 Yes 47
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 21 #1115332

I have the same problem, of course we were fed the same load of ***, that the warranty would cover everything. Bull! Nothing bud lies.

Feb 12 #1111044

Im not sure where you at stop dealing with the store go to corporate. Post to there page non stop . Not the stores page the actual main store . You will get some awnsers .

Oct 01, 2015 #1041775

I am really stunned, at your pictures. I feel your pain. Sincerely my heart goes ot to you. But the only thing I can say is im glad it's not me. I know that sounds cruel. But I nw knw because of your brave comments, that Ashley's is off my shopping list. Thank you so much for your comments. Good luck too you.

4 1 Reply

Sep 27, 2015 #1039872

Yes. Similar defects happening on my sofaa which I paid $1500. Dont buy from them. They dont cover peeling. Daytime robbery. They dont stand behind quality of their sofas

3 0 Reply

May 22 #1162980 Evensville, Tennessee

You are telling the truth,Ashley is owned by Knoxville Wholesale .I purchased a sofa,chair and ottoman.sofa started coming apart after 1 year.They could care less,talked down to me acting like it was my fault.I live alone,have no animals and no kids.
Manager wanted to tell me they were a multimillion dollar company ,and I said I don't care unless you have good customer service you don't have anything to brag about.I asked him if he had gone on line and read the reviews and he replied that it was people like me that had given them bad reviews because I didn't get my way,so I guess it is too much to ask for if you are asking for quality.Do not buy anything from Ashley or Knoxville wholesale warehouse they are not a reputable company! Thank you!

Sep 27, 2015 #1039701

The problem is not that is not real leather here. The problem is they are using the lowest quality chinese stuff. Ripping people off. My mother have this ashley living room set a year and a half after purchase they are peeleing of and with very light use. Ashley used good quality durable faux leather back in the days. I guess they need a lawsuit to correct the fault. Some one mentioned here for $1500 you get what you pay for that is bull..... A serious company should have a serious quality standard. By the way one of my living room sets was purchased at a ghetto furniture store for $800 ten year ago and they are still pretty solid no rips just a little discoloration with heavy use from my 3 kids. Some times you can get better deal at you local neighborhood furniture than big stores like Nebraska Furniture mart.

2 0 Reply

Sep 25, 2015 #1038878

I purchased leather from Ashley 6 years ago. My boys were 17, 15, 13, and 10. Its been beat to death but still has a few good years left. No pealing mostly just fading from the sun hitting it. Definitely shows wear. A little stretching and one tear, but underneath, not even on the leather part. Not even sure how it could have gotten there. Been fairly satisfied

correct info

Apr 03, 2015 #967562

Sounds like you contacted their protection plan. Ashley Customer service doesn't have you fill out paper work. They usually ask for pictures but that's it. If you purchased from a corporate owned store you can call their customer service which is located on your warranty booklet.

Feb 09, 2015 #943446 Raleigh, North Carolina

Unfortunately, I agree with the last user. $1500 for a sofa and way that's real leather. You get what you pay for. I have worked in the furniture industry before...and, although, I have always been up front and honest about the quality of the products I sold, some sales people will not be (they work on commission....another important thing to remember when you are shopping-respect them!!) But, the biggest piece of advice I can give to anyone looking for leather....make sure it is 100% top grain leather. I could name multiple stores that sell "bonded or blended" leather as real is not! You have to ask specific questions to get specific answers. "Bonded/blended" leather are man made materials, made from recycled cow hide, and other things (polyurethane, etc) that are then applied, "bonded", to a backing. The usual life expectancy of these items is 3-5 years. With very heavy use, you would be lucky to get 2 years. Bonded leather is not that much less expensive than top grain leather.....don't be cheap-get the real stuff! Before I worked in this industry, I would have thought that was expensive furniture, too...however, now, I know. The cheapest top grain leather sofa we sold was $1459 (for a grade one, not full analine dye). We sold our best quality leather (group 8) for easily $3000 per sofa. I have seen other posts of someone stating they bought a 6 piece bedroom set for... Show more

1 4 Reply
Fellow Peeling-Sofa Buyer

Dec 06, 2015 #1074585 Dover, New Jersey

You get what you pay for???? Well, Big Spender, although YOU'VE decided that we should "expect to pay closer to $5000 - $6000" for our sofas, some of us just can't or won't. Now, I DO NOT think that a $1500 - $2000 sofa or ANY item that costs that amount of money should have an expectation of being disposable after only a few years or even a few MONTHS in some cases!!! And THAT is precisely what is going on here with Ashley, and stores like Ashley that are selling this junk. So why would you insult this reviewer who took the time to post this excellent review and photo to help notify others so that they don't encounter the same issue? Unless maybe you're a sales rep for one of these companies that sells this brand??? :)? I've had the EXACT SAME ISSUE as this reviewer and spent a different amount of money. But what does the dollar amount matter when you're supposed to be buying quality goods from a company that stands behind it's product? Even a $1 is too much for a piece of garbage, am I right? If I'm wrong, then come by sometime, I've got TONS of garbage to sell you...

4 0 Reply

Dec 30, 2015 #1086043 Lexington, North Carolina

I work For a Ashley that you are speaking of is called durablend it is not real leather real leather sofa cost more than 1500.00 i sound like your sales rep did not give you accurate information or you did not read the description of the item it douse clearly states durabled in the tags as well as the item itself

0 1 Reply

Oct 09 #1224439 Washington, Indiana

Yeah, I have the same problem with my sectional. I knew it was a bonded leather, but I did know that meant it would peel in about 3 years. I believe this is fraud. Selling material known to be faulty. I think your comment is ridiculous. I could have paid half the price for microfiber. Just because it is not real leather doesn't mean it should be ***! BBB agrees.

0 0

Feb 08, 2015 #942840 Dayton, Ohio

2 year is about the maximum you can expect for this fake leather material. $1500 for 2 sofas, surely you knew that wasn't real leather.

2 5 Reply

Dec 06, 2015 #1074586

3 0 Reply

Jan 22, 2015 #934780 Pasadena, Texas

Their furniture is ***. Exact same thing happened to my furniture after two years. Adult used and not abused in any way. It's cheap, cheap, cheap!

Dec 27, 2014 #921604

I bought a leather Loveseat and two leather chairs. They were absolutely beautiful when I purchased them. Each of the chairs were $850.00 and the loveseat was $1700.00.I purchased them from Bob's Discount Furniture 4-5 years ago. We purchased leather cleaner which we used, we put throws on them also to keep them looking new. I am not showing a picture because I'm embarrassed. They are discolored, torn at almost every seam and strangely peeling and showing fabric through the "leather". They all have attached backs which have somehow sagged down so much they look lopsided. These were not cheap, we decided we would spend this amount of money because these would be ours for years 10-15 we foolishly thought. They absolutely do not make anything like they use to.

6 0 Reply

Dec 10, 2014 #913672 Monroe, Louisiana

I had the same problem with my recliner and sofa after just 2 years. Had to pay someone to take it away. Never again will I purchase anything from them again.

Dec 02, 2014 #909723 Mayfield, Kentucky

Yep, me too. Ashley sofa. Had it for maybe 4 years. It was kept in a room where it received little use. The next thing I know it's peeling like someone shedding their skin after being sunburned. What a mess. I'll never buy any more of their products. I paid a premium for a sub par product. Never again

7 0 Reply

Sep 28, 2014 #876742 Elkton, Maryland

I have a Lane sectional sofa that is doing the same thing. I had a livingroom suit for 25 years and it withstood children and grandchildren. I had a Lazyboy set for 18 years and both of these sets were in really great shape when I gave them away to get new furniture. Both of my new sets are 5 and 3 years old and they look crappy and do not expect them to have a long life like my other sets.
I looked at Ashley furniture and was not impressed with them at all. It doesn't seem to matter what the brand is these days; furniture does not last and it still costs a lot.

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ashley Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about