Orrs Island, Maine

My husband and I have been in the process of purchasing a sectional from the Ashley Furniture Homestore in Salem, New Hampshire. We made an agreement to pay a down payment of $204.97 off from a balance of $2048.97.

When the couch came in we would pay $150 and have it shipped to Maine. The remainder balance was to go on our Ashley credit card. The worker sent us a receipt stating we were set for delivery to our home. Once the couch arrived at the warehouse, my husband called to pay the shipping and was told it was going to be $350.

That was not what was agreed. The manager returned a pone call once we called upset, and was not willing to honor the agreement in any way. In fact told my husband "to get a truck and come get it". We asked for our money back since they would not honor their end and he said they did not have to.

The receipt clearly states that customers are entitled to a refund less 10% charge. That would be acceptable with us. The manager was rude, unprofessional, and arrogant. He told us that the agreement was never made and we were listed as pickup.

I have a paper that states otherwise, and he said he does not have to honor it in any way. They are keeping our money and will not ship the couch. We mentioned a lawyer and the manager smugly replied "go ahead they won't take the case". I have never seen such bad service in my life.

The worker should have to take responsibility for this and ship it to us.

The manager would not let us talk to the worker to confirm the agreement. NEVER will do business with ASHLEY FURNITURE again!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

Omg you need to call better business bureau and complain also you can take them to small claims court. Depending on how much you are allowed NY is $5000.

I would also call corporate on the manager. However, all of this said you would need to have this agreement in writing bc it could be hard to prove that this was the agreed upon agreement.

*** I was planning on going their but now I don't know. Hope this helped.

Ashley Furniture Reviews