Baltimore, Maryland

Do NOT shop here! I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.

We went in knowing what we wanted and how much it should cost. The salesperson found it and I expressed the price, etc. He went to see what he could do on the price and was going to try to get us free delivery. He came back and said delivery would be $99 but that he knocked it off the price of the sofa which was now $350. Thing is this sofa only normally costs around $320, some places even less. They try to claim it costs $699, but trust me, it doesn't. So immediately we were like no, and he's like let me finish. He goes on about how it'll be delivered and set up for us, which really I don't care for that and there's really nothing to set up. He then proceeds to tell us that in this price we're paying we'd be covered for ANYTHING that happened to the sofa. He even specifically said if the seams start coming apart I'd just call and they'd come to my home and fix it. I get around to reading the warranty brochure I'm given and notice it says seams aren't covered. That was one of the main reasons I was okay with the higher price because I figured we were covered for damages. I called the store and they informed me I DID NOT have this coverage that I only had the one year manufacturer's warranty that only covered defects. I would have gotten that regardless of where I purchased to the salesman lied to me to get the sale. I signed a contract under false pretenses which is not legal for them to do. I asked to speak with a manager and was told there was nothing that could be done because all sales are final. The manager was extremely rude to me. Eventually she gave me the "corporate" number, which is just another customer service line. First person I spoke with was extremely rude. Called back to ask for a supervisor, this lady was okay but told me none were available and they'd call me back. I asked if I'd really get a call back she said yes she was going to get them to call me as soon as they were available. I waited all day, no call. I called back today again saying I wanted a supervisor and they were supposed to call me. She then told me it could be up to 48hrs before I got a call back. I said that was unacceptable. She then told me I can tell you right now there's nothing that can be done all sales are final. She then proceeded to blame me saying I did not read the contract because on the back it says there's a warranty that can be purchased. I was like I was told by the salesman it was in the price he quoted me. She continued to be rude to me and I got nowhere with that.

From there I took it to their facebook page. I came to find that they delete every single negative comment they get off of their page so that other consumers cannot see it. She told me to write my complaint to some form they had on there and then sent me this email back in return

"We're sorry to hear about your experience at your local Ashley Furniture HomeStore and we understand your concern. Each Ashley Furniture HomeStore is independently owned and operated. We have sent the details you provided, regarding your issue, to the appropriate person(s) at the local store. We encourage you to continue to be proactive and reach out to the local HomeStore where you made your purchase to work out a resolution."

Since then they have continued to ignore any other message I've tried to post to them on that site. I also watched them delete other's complaints and tell them to waste their time sending their complaint through that form.

So basically I was lied to, cheated out $150, I don't even have my furniture yet, the staff has been nothing but rude to me, and they waste your time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Comments