Verified Reviewer

2.6

We went into the store by our house in Illinois to purchase a 36" square coffee table. They didn't have what we saw online.

The sales person told us that the difference of an online purchase versus an in store purchase is that we cannot return an online purchase, but we can return it to the store if purchased there. They said it would be our responsibility to bring it back to them if we needed to return it. We were concerned that it may be too big. We ordered it from the store, and it arrived at our house just as promised 6 weeks later.

The 2 men carried the box into our family room. The box was two square inches larger than the table, so we just set the box on the floor. We never unpacked the unit. We decided that it was too large.

We called the store and were on hold for over 20 minutes. I did this twice. We then sent a few emails. No response.

I'm writing this 3 days later and there's still no email response. I finally loaded the unit into the back of my SUV and brought it back to the store. I told the first employee I saw that I had a return. He directed me to the customer service counter.

The two people behind the counter never looked up at me and completely ignored me. I finally said can you help me? When I told them I had a return, she said we don't take returns . When I told her that it didn't fit in our family room, she said, Oh, we won't be able to take it back at all if you had it in your house already.

???? (I guess I was supposed to put it in the garage) Then I said, so then you do take returns. She then handed me a brochure that had a number for me to call in Tennessee if I wasn't satisfied.

They have not answered the phone and it's been three days of attempts. We wasted $357.00.

User's recommendation: Stay away from these liars!

Location: Lake In The Hills, Illinois