Charlotte, North Carolina

My wife and I purchased a sofa, love seat and an oversized chair with an ottoman. We were sold the sofa and loveseat were backordered but they did arrive for deliver along with the chair about 8 weeks later. To our surprise the ottoman was missing.

- First issue, the delivery men had no clue and simply told us to contact the store.

- Second Issue, went into the store, in Pineville, NC and they informed us only then that the ottoman was "backordered and we had to wait another month for the ottoman to arrive.

- Third issue, we had to pick up the ottoman ourselves in the Charlotte Distribution Center on 3/18, almost a month after the other furniture arrived.

- Fourth issue, I called the distribution ctr. on the 18th of March to confirm arrival of the ottoman before making a 20 mile drive to pick it up. The Rep on the phone told me the ottoman was there and that I could pick it up before they closed at 5:30 which required me to leave work early.

- Fifth issue: got to the distribution center in Charlotte only to be told the ottoman was not there. But one could be delivered on April 12th. Almost a whole month from the original delay.

After voicing my complaints to a manager on duty, I advised that we no longer wanted the ottoman. Even the manager at the distribution center could not reach the store. This required me to drive 20 miles back to the Pineville store and wait 20 minutes to be seen/heard by the manager on duty.

- Sixth issue, I was told by the manager on duty that she would see if the ottoman could be delivered that Saturday. If it could not be delivered we could cancel the order. Well it's Friday 3:46pm and no work from Ashley Furniture.

My SUGGESTIONS:

1. DO NOT LIE TO THE CUSTOMER

2. SET REAL EXPECTATIONS

3. MAKE SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS TO THE DELIVERY PROCESS

4. YOU CAN SPEND MONEY AT THE STORE BUT CAN'T GET THEM ON THE PHONE

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Salesperson.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Being lied to, Customer service sucks, No one fixed the problem, Delivery service.

Comments