Lubbock, Texas

Update by user Apr 02, 2012

Update: We are suing!

Original review posted by user Dec 07, 2011

LUBBOCK, TEXAS -- We purchased a $6,200 Tempur-pedic mattress and foundation from Ashley Furniture based on the sales person and managers' repeated and explicit promise that if the product did not meet our needs Ashley Furniture would "make it right" and that the product had a 90 day guarantee. Repeatedly we stated to them that we would not purchase such an expensive mattress from this store or any other store based on a five minute test lay in the store unless it was understood that we could return the mattress if it didn't work well for us.

Repeatedly and without any reservation or contingencies they assured us that the mattress was guaranteed. After we signed the receipt, we went home and read some unfavorable reviews about Ashley Furniture and therefore decided to cancel our order (on day zero of the "90 days guarantee period"), realizing that other consumers have had a lot of problems with them. Predictably, Ashley Furniture refuses to refund our money. We did not accept delivery of the mattress and yet are being gouged for $6,200.

Again, I want to emphasize, we would have NEVER purchased from them to begin with if it were not for the repeated, unqualified statement (lie) from the sales person and manager that Ashley Furniture had a 90 day guarantee on the mattress set. They lied from the beginning. When we met with a store manager to attempt to resolve and go our separate ways, we received yet more lies about the customer service emphasis and assurances that they would "make it right". Several weeks later they called to let us know that we can use a portion of the $6,200 as "in store credit" but that they would not issue a refund. We will be filing complaints with the Lubbock BBB, TX attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission as well as filing a lawsuit more than likely. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS VERY UNETHICAL BUSINESS.

Comments

I recently bought about $100,000 worth of furniture. Some of it came defective/broken.

Ashley promised to replace and in addition, promised to set up a couple of dressers up on the 2nd floor of my home. They DID NOT, from the beginning, notify me that because of liability issues would not be able to take them up the stairs. They led me to believe that they would. AFter realizing that they would not, I told them I did not want them if they could not be placed upstairs.

They notified me that they don't accept returns. In addition, they still had not delivered all of the furniture because it was back-ordered. However, I would run into the same problem of placing it in the upstairs floor. I then told them that I did not want it either since it wasn't going to do me any good having a bedroom set placed downstairs in my living room.

The Vice-President, Sam Estrada in Lubbock could have cared less about my predicament. In other words, it's my problem, not theirs. I am livid over the whole situation. I asked for the owner's name and phone number and he dared to laugh and said for me to "google" the information.

Ashley Furniture and their Lubbock staff are thiefs! They are holding about $30,000 which I've already paid them, in furniture in their warehouse. Mr. Estrada plainly told me that they are not going to reimburse me.

How about that??? "Ashley......America's #1

Store...." I HAVE STARTED THE PROCESS OF A LAWSUIT!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, this is probably the worst furniture store in terms of communication and customer service. Once you have bought the furniture, the salesperson and manager would become highly irritated to any question or complain you may have.

They would even use derogatory language because they have no interest in customer satisfaction.

They would offer weird discounts only to allure and finally cheat the customers by delivering incomplete furniture items so that at the end of day you will have to come back and pay for the missing items. AVOID this store!!!

Shanavia

all i can say is safe yourself time and go somewhere else.they do not deliver on time the order was not all delivery.one bad 3 delivery's just to get one bad.

Ashley furniture bought at the store in Midland Tx is a rip off. I was not told when I purchased my furniture that I was dealing with a group of individuals who did not know what they were doing much less how to address customer complaints.

You are told you will receive return calls which does not happen, you leave voicemail messages asking to please return your call and you are ignored. No one has answers. When they do call you to finally deliver your furniture which they did not confirm was coming for delivery they do not have the tools to set up the furniture which is a $70.00 charge. They have to borrow the consumers tools I.e.

drill. To top it off they strip the screws and are then unable to set it up at all. Please read all small print on the contract they are not forthcoming of all details such as no refund policy and a 25 percent restocking fee, when it has not even been delivered to you yet or even at the warehouse for delivery. The rest of your money they will not refund but give a store credit.

Why would I want to go through it a second time? I am so disappointed I will never purchase anything from this company again.

I will make it a personal mission to tell my friends and even strangers of my experience with this company that may save someone else the stress and angry feelings that I have after waiting 6.5 weeks for furniture that is a sham. Shame on you Ashley for your incompetent manner in which you conduct your business.

Ashley Furniture Reviews