Ashley Furniture - Minimal use of couch .... peeling everywhere !

234 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews

I bought this couch in 2013 for my winter condo in Pompano.The couch is hardly in use, as I am here only 2 months a year.

The couch has basically 6 months of light total usage....since there are no children or pets. After being absence since April, my red coloured leather couch just started to peel off rapidly and basically disintegrating all over the couch upon my return on Jan 4th, 2016. I never seen anything like this and I was totally embarrassed towards my guests.

I then search Ashley Furniture on-line and notice that this situation has happened hundreds of times and I want to join any group complaints/class action activities there might be.

This type of extremely poor product craftmanship (or lackthereof) should be penalized especially when they call the product......DURAblend.

Does anyone ever expect a ~$1000 couch to last only a few months of usage???Flabbergasted.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Initially the sofa
  • What I disliked
    • Lack of follow up and horrible quality of sofa

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Ashley Furniture Alliston Durablend Couch
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #768132

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
234 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Mike_mn

Jan 19 #1097683

These 'leather' couches are actually very small leather pieces bonded to a fabric - and NOT real leather. In most cases the leather is mixed with plastic.
Kinda like particle board, or ply-wood.

denybabe

Jan 14 #1094749

I have approached company and have been awaiting reply. Apparently many others have experienced same situation. Deeply unhappy. Can't something be done?

Jan 14 #1094381

Wow. A good friend had the same issue. A year or two boom, sofa starts peeling. It's like it got cancer.
Pitiful.

Jan 12 #1093607

Yes Ashly is junk--gave me a card bought extended warranty and its peeling like a bad paint job

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.