My brother, who is 87 years old,purchased a swivel rocker recliner from Ashley, as well as, a Peace of Mind Protection Plan in February 2014. Recently when I came from NJ to SC to visit him I saw the damage to this product.

I filed a Customer Complaint with the company whom they have outsourced Complaints to.

I provided all information requested, including pictures.

I received an email this week indicating the problem with the chair is not covered in the Protection Plan,

When you sit in the chair it leans to the right side so much that the cushion is not far from the floor.

I firmly believe Ashley Furniture is very misleading with the Warranty packages they offer to customers. All they do is say "sign here if you want a 5 year protection plan". The customer signs they if they have a problem, it becomes "Sorry not covered under your Protection Plan. Go back and read the fine print."

Well, here's my fine print: DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEY! They do not honor their Protection Plans honestly. WHO I'd like to know, reads the "FINE PRINT" before signing the paper in the store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Recliner.

• Misleading Customers When Signing
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 22.

Comments