Hi I have the same problem except I actually have a bedroom set that I purchased 2 1/2 years ago and when direct tv moved my dresser to run an outlet behind it they found the back of the dresser to be filled with mold. I pulled the end tables and found the same issue.

I called their service department to inform them that the 3,000 bedroom set I ordered is filled with mold and their only excuse was to check my vents. I live in a new home that has no mold except for the back of their furniture.

I even explained to them that my entire home is furnished with their furniture and that everything else is ok except this set which must be defective and their response to me was no its not and that they are closing my case. I will never purchase from them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I know not too.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Comments

I have the same exact issue... mold growing on the back of dresser, nightstands and armoire. My bed is fine though and there is no mold anywhere else.

Ashley Furniture Reviews