3700 Green Mountain Crossing Dr, Shiloh, IL 62269, USA

We purchased a bedroom set from the Ashley Furniture Homestore in Shiloh, IL on Greenmount Rd on 1/19/18, which upon delivery on 2/1/18, was damaged. We schedule a time for Ashley to come out and exchange the damaged footboard, and were given a 3 hour time window on Saturday (2/10/18).

No one showed up and no one called to say they were running behind. My husband called the store in Shiloh, IL and spoke to the manager Jim, who said there was nothing he could do, it happens, and to call the Customer Care Team. My husband did this and was told, nothing could be done until Monday (2/12) and someone would call that day to schedule a new appointment. Instead, my husband received an automated call on Monday, requesting that he confirm the appointment time that has been scheduled for Tues (2/13), when we would both be at work.

My husband again called the Customer Care Team, and spoke with a an individual who could not explain how the appointment was made and when he asked for a refund or compensation was told no. When he asked for a manager's info, he was told he would not be given the information. I reached out to Ashley via their chat service on the website on Monday. I messaged with Alissa, who after hearing our issues, provided me with a number to Corporate.

She then said, she could not assist me when I told her I wanted to actually talk to someone who would help me, and then said she was terminating the chat to assist other customers. I called the Corporate number she provided when I got home from work and after sitting on hold for about 30 minutes, was told that they could not locate my account information, and I would have to be transferred to my local Customer Care Team to have the issues resolved, this is the same Customer Care Team/Line that did not assist my husband. I spoke with an individual, and explained the situation. I informed the agent that Ashley clearly is unable to provide an exchange, therefore, I would keep the damaged footboard and would like the cost of the footboard to be refunded.

Again after being placed on hold numerous times, I was told I would not be refunded the cost of the footboard, and if I did not want to exchange the footboard, I would only be given a 10% discount off of the cost of the footboard, which is $24. I told her this was unacceptable and ultimately gave in to scheduling another appointment. She assured me the Tues (2/13) appt. was cancelled and that a new appointment was made for Wed (2/14).

She told me I would receive a call 24hrs out giving me a timeframe for the delivery on 2/14. On 2/13, my husband received a phone call from the delivery team stating they were on their way. He told them that was supposed to be cancelled and no one is available for the exchange. The delivery men said they were not notified of the cancellation.

After my husband told me this, I called the Customer Care Team and requested to speak with a manager immediately. After sitting on hold for close to 30 minutes I was connected to Shawntez. He told me there was nothing that could be done, the appointment on Wednesday could not be met, and the only recourse I had was to schedule another exchange appointment and see what will happen. He became rude and attempted to talk over me several times.

He told me I would not receive any compensation for the issues and I would not receive a refund for the cost of the footboard in lieu of exchanging it. When I asked for his manager's info he told me his manager only gives out that info at his discretion. I said then contact him now and tell him the situation because I want to speak with someone else. He told me no, he will not get that info and would not allow me to speak with anyone else.

I disconnected with him after telling him I would be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I then contacted the local store, and coincidentally spoke with Jim, the same manager that told my husband there was nothing he could do. After telling him I wanted to speak with someone over him or someone in charge of the Customer Care Team, he finally said he would make some phone calls. I asked him during the course of the conversation what the return policy was because I was considering returning the bedroom set, to which he responded that because it has been in my home, it could not be returned.

Jim made some calls and called me back to tell me I would receive a phone call from someone within the hour. After 2 hours of waiting, I called Jim back to tell him no one had called. He said he would make some more calls and a short time later, I received a call from a woman with the Customer Care team, who actually provided assisted my needs and provided a satisfactory resolution. She was able to provide a partial refund for the delivery and also scheduled an appointment that was convenient for us.

She called back today, to confirm the delivery date and said we would receive another call regarding the specific time frame for delivery of the new footboard on Friday (2/16). In addition, we decided to cancel the $500 protection plan we purchased at the time we bought the furniture, because the paperwork we received stated we had the right to cancel this plan for any reason within the first 30 days. We knew the terms of the plan, that if we didn't make any claims in 5 years, we would have a $500 store credit to use, and we have decided never to purchase from Ashley again. After contacting the number on the back of the protection plan we were directed to call the store.

My husband again, had to speak with Jim, who said we could not cancel the protection plan because we received 60 months financing. My husband told him that no one said at the time of the purchase that the 60 months financing was contingent on us purchasing the $500 protection plan and further, the paperwork says we can cancel. Jim stated, well you have to come in the store then, and you can only receive 12 months financing. My husband said fine, went to the store, cancelled the plan and the financing was changed from 60 months to 12 months.

I am astounded at the lack of customer service, especially because while I sat on hold multiple times, I listened to the same recording stating how much Ashley values their customers, and how grateful they are to the customers who accept their furniture in to their homes. Nothing could be further from the truth, after what we went through. Ashley only cares about making sales, and once the sale is made, the customer no longer matters.

I will never purchase anything from Ashley again, and I will strongly discourage everyone I know from making the biggest mistake of their lives by shopping at Ashley. Potential buyers beware, the Customer Care Team is not interested in providing customer care, they apparently have the authority to refuse to assist customers and to refuse to provide their superiors' information when they are rude and not performing their jobs.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Design of furniture and sales associate.

I didn't like: Ashleys store manager the customer care team.

Comments