4.4
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Aug 09, 2018

Finally talked to the manager today who agreed the refund should be difference of the original cost minus the three tables, plus tax. We will see when the check arrives. With this I updated my review to reflect the more positive response.

Update by user Aug 06, 2018

Well, I called again and was told the manager would be in the next day. I went to talk to the manager was told he was not in that day.

I attempted to talk to another person and they told me they cancelled my first order, reordered the table at the full price, not the discounted price I had agreed to, charged me $129 for delivery when my original signed order was negotiated with no delivery fee. So now still trying to talk to the manager. They should just take my original order, subtract the cost of the three tables the sales person wrote down, yes 4 chairs 1 table not 4 chairs and four tables, give me break.

So subtract what I paid for the three extra chairs plus tax send the refund and be done with it. Had I known it would be this hassle I would have simply cancelled the original order outright and started over myself.

Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2018

The sales person made a mistake when I bought a table and four chairs and marked 4 chairs and 4 tables. I realized the next day when filing the invoice receipt and called the store immediately.

Was told I would receive a refund in 21 days for the difference as it was clearly a mistake. It is now two months later and not only no refund but when I called the store I was told my refund was less than half the overcharge and the check was on the way. They will not send the check to your address, you have to go in and pick it up. I suppose they hope you buy something else.

Anyway after an hour on the phone they could not explain why there was a difference, why the amount submitted by the store was different than the actual amount or why the check was less than the incorrect amount they submitted by hundreds of dollars. So, now we will need to submit yet another request.

I think I am going to refuse the initial check, who knows what taking that would lead to, and insist on a new check with the correct amount and I want it quicker than three weeks. I will not go back, ever.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Being overcharged and ongoing mistakes re refund.

Comments