7.8K views
Featured Not resolved

We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase and the leather has started peeling off.

We called up the customer service and were told that the warranty has expired and hence they cannot do anything about it.They told that I need to get it repaired at my own cost. When we bought the furniture, we selected Ashley because they claim to have excellent quality.

They were not even bothered about getting it repaired even when I told that I would take care of the repair costs.I must say that their quality is worse and I would not recommend anyone to buy furniture from their store. I have never seen a good quality leather sofa getting ripped off within 3 years of purchase.It is really frustrating!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Customer Care.

Comments

I have a Couch and a massage love seat, it's peeling and it's all over the house. I bought my from Jargons Furniture in NJ.

I got a message from The owner said if anybody takes blood pressure medicine make it peel. They didn't ask that question when I bought just told me it wears like Leather This is Bull. Goggle DuraBlend and you will find how long they have knowed about this problem and continue to sell.

Where is our consumer help. Beware of DuraBlend

Los Angeles, California, United States #1350241

My fake leather is peeling off in three months March to June 2017. Worse company EVER!!!

Plainfield, New Jersey, United States #1342939

You bought a "leather" sofa and love seat for 1000.00!! First sign of a scam there.

You bought bonded leather, may as well buy vinyl. Go to a reputable family owned furniture store next time. and expect to pay around 4 g's for a real leather sofa and love seat. You've no right to complain.

You bought ***!

It's going to hold up like what it is.. A hot steamy pile of ***!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #1341685

I've only had My 100 % Leather recliner for a few months, and it's peeling really bad!!

to Anonymous Los Angeles, California, United States #1350240

Ashley furniture is the worse company in this world to buy anything

Lincoln, Alabama, United States #1329202

I've ever heard a good word about Ashley. My son bought two matching sofas and in three years they were ready for the trash heap.

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1319757

Ashley is low quality, some things are ok but most of it won't last very long

Orlando, Florida, United States #1288496

The same thing happened to me. Mine started peeling after two years and they would not honor the warranty.

We bought a couch cover but the couch is still peeling. Ashley Furniture sucks.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States #1259337

I went through a similar issue. I was told it was real leather but it turned out to be faux and it peeled and would get all over your back.

I decided I will never buy Ashley furniture again. I couldn't even get it repaired.

Davenport, Iowa, United States #1247005

I also purchased a dura-blend leather couch from Ashley in October 2015. The sales associated was very convincing when explaining to me that the sectional that I was purchasing was one of the most durable on the market.

It was not even a year before the seat cushion leather started to tear. I was told by the store that the cushions were covered under warranty but upon numerous times of calling customer service, I just got the run-a-round. When I finally got a return call from Ashley, I was informed that the year warranty had expired. Keep in mind that I called about the matter 3 weeks before the year warranty was up and Ashley gave me the run-a-round the entire time.

They called with a final solution, 3 days after the warranty had expired.

They didn't even offer a suggestion on how I could find replacements or anything. I am still baffled over the ordeal.

Oswego, Illinois, United States #1181469

Same here... They came back with the same excuses and wanted to send me a $300 check for the troubles...

I paid over $3000 for the living room set. Still fighting this!

Dewitt, Iowa, United States #1176152

In 2008 the company purchased furniture for a house that is only used 4 months of the yr and is always climate controlled, and of course it's durablend. What a pos and warranty my *** Ashley says no replacement and so does the furniture store just keeps pealing away damaging carpet and sticking to everything even killed a dyson. They should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this for people, we have not and never will buy Ashley furniture again

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States #1173745

I have had the EXACT same experience. We have had our furniture for about 5 years now.

2 years ago, I called to see what could be done. Our warranty was already out! What kind of furniture PEELS when it is not very old? The family owned company that we bought ours from shouldn't do business with a company that sells items like these.

You would think that with the Ashley name, that their product would be worthy!! I have made many attempts to see about getting something done, and I haven't had any luck!

Same here and lots of others. We paid $2300 so we are really pissed

Taylor, Michigan, United States #1138202

Mine started peeling in 2 years.

Its not an Ashley specific issue.  They didn't make it...   I have the same problem with a 2-year old "leather" chair that is cracking and pealing.  Almost no use, climate controlled home, no pets, non-smoking.

Maybe a class action suit against Durablend?

I have friends with a sofa (purchased from yet another furniture dealer) with the same problem..    only worse than mine.   HELP!!??!

It's pretty apparent that your couch is not leather. You might want to check you might want to check your sales receipt, because it's going to say faux leather.....

you get what you pay for. A good actual leather couch is going to cost you $5,000

to Anonymous #1173750

Anything that says DuraBlend means it is not leather. I'm sure many people fully understand this before purchasing.

However, it should NOT be peeling or cracking after 2 years regardless!

I was told by the company that sells Ashley furniture that it IS an issue with Ashley Furniture. I do understand that you get what you pay for, but I do have enough sense to know that cracking and peeling should not be an issue when the furniture is 2 years old.

to Anonymous Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #1341688

I ask 'SPECIFICALLY over and over if I was buying 100% Leather, and I was told Yes. I didn't want fake or bonded leather.

Same thing....4 years later! The tear on my sofa started out small and kept spreading despite having put a furniture throw over the area to protect it until the tech from the additional Guardsman warranty I purchased could repair it.

Well needless to say, he said peeling fabric could not be repaired on this type leather (and that's a joke in and of itself). He said he would submit the claim & picture to Guardsman. Heard from Guardsman and this is another joke, they said it wasn't covered because it was more than 2 inches from the seam....and in the picture you can clearly see it is adjacent to the seam, actually practically on the seam!

Ashley would do nothing about it so I would advise being very careful buying furniture from dealers who do not stand behind their merchandise with or without an additional warranty service plan. Also beware of additional warranty plans that cost extra and give you nothing in return.