Peeling Leather Sofa from Ashley Furniture

We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008.I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase and the leather has started peeling off.

We called up the customer service and were told that the warranty has expired and hence they cannot do anything about it.They told that I need to get it repaired at my own cost. When we bought the furniture, we selected Ashley because they claim to have excellent quality.

They were not even bothered about getting it repaired even when I told that I would take care of the repair costs.I must say that their quality is worse and I would not recommend anyone to buy furniture from their store.I have never seen a good quality leather sofa getting ripped off within 3 years of purchase.It is really frustrating!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 48 Yes 48 9 No 9
Had the same issue 54 Yes 54
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 05 #1181469 Oswego, Illinois

Same here... They came back with the same excuses and wanted to send me a $300 check for the troubles... *** no! I paid over $3000 for the living room set. Still fighting this!

Jun 21 #1176152 Dewitt, Iowa

In 2008 the company purchased furniture for a house that is only used 4 months of the yr and is always climate controlled, and of course it's durablend. What a pos and warranty my *** Ashley says no replacement and so does the furniture store just keeps pealing away damaging carpet and sticking to everything even killed a dyson. They should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this for people, we have not and never will buy Ashley furniture again

Jun 15 #1173745 Ocean Springs, Mississippi

I have had the EXACT same experience. We have had our furniture for about 5 years now. 2 years ago, I called to see what could be done. Our warranty was already out! What kind of furniture PEELS when it is not very old? The family owned company that we bought ours from shouldn't do business with a company that sells items like these. You would think that with the Ashley name, that their product would be worthy!! I have made many attempts to see about getting something done, and I haven't had any luck!

Apr 06 #1140199

Same here and lots of others. We paid $2300 so we are really pissed

Apr 02 #1138202 Taylor, Michigan

Mine started peeling in 2 years.

Jan 24 #1100242

Its not an Ashley specific issue.  They didn't make it...   I have the same problem with a 2-year old "leather" chair that is cracking and pealing.  Almost no use, climate controlled home, no pets, non-smoking.
Maybe a class action suit against Durablend?
I have friends with a sofa (purchased from yet another furniture dealer) with the same problem..    only worse than mine.   HELP!!??!

Oct 22, 2015 #1052388

It's pretty apparent that your couch is not leather. You might want to check you might want to check your sales receipt, because it's going to say faux leather..... you get what you pay for. A good actual leather couch is going to cost you $5,000

2 0 Reply

Jun 15 #1173750

Anything that says DuraBlend means it is not leather. I'm sure many people fully understand this before purchasing. However, it should NOT be peeling or cracking after 2 years regardless! I was told by the company that sells Ashley furniture that it IS an issue with Ashley Furniture. I do understand that you get what you pay for, but I do have enough sense to know that cracking and peeling should not be an issue when the furniture is 2 years old.

Sep 27, 2015 #1039923

Same thing....4 years later! The tear on my sofa started out small and kept spreading despite having put a furniture throw over the area to protect it until the tech from the additional Guardsman warranty I purchased could repair it. Well needless to say, he said peeling fabric could not be repaired on this type leather (and that's a joke in and of itself). He said he would submit the claim & picture to Guardsman. Heard from Guardsman and this is another joke, they said it wasn't covered because it was more than 2 inches from the seam....and in the picture you can clearly see it is adjacent to the seam, actually practically on the seam!
Ashley would do nothing about it so I would advise being very careful buying furniture from dealers who do not stand behind their merchandise with or without an additional warranty service plan. Also beware of additional warranty plans that cost extra and give you nothing in return.

Aug 31, 2015 #1027751

I also purchased a couch with the Durablend leather and it is approximately eight years old now and is ruined because the material is all but gone. It separated from the backing in sheets.

1 1 Reply

Aug 03, 2015 #1015244

I have a similar problem. Pilling off blended leather sofa, love seats, and recliners. I paid close to 2600$ for Sofa, loveseats, reclines chairs, sectional all from Ashley furniture plus paid warranty plan for four years $359.99 in 2012. My warranty is not expired but they says it is not covered under warranty but if you have any cut or something then it’s covered. Basically if you cut with knife then it’s covered under warranty but not this damage.....Ridiculous never trust Ashley furniture....

Mar 11, 2015 #957028 Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Yeah, umm genuine 100% leather sofa's start around $2000 per piece, "blended" leather{sofa&loveseat/chair) sets can be had for much less, usually around 1k. If you didn't know what you were buying perhaps you should've done some research before selecting a durablend sofa. Irregardless, Ashley sells the material to replace your damaged areas. The seats (cushion covers) are usually about $50, and the arms / back replacement material are generally no more than $100 for durablend material.

7 0 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1066042 Silverton, Oregon

oh really? then where do you find that?

Dec 30, 2015 #1086047 Yonkers, New York

No such word as "Irregardless"

3 1 Reply

Jan 17 #1096175

Irregardless is not a word!! Regardless is the correct word.

2 1 Reply

May 13 #1158328

Irregardless is NOT a word,check your dictionary!

Dec 17, 2014 #917473

Same with mine and it's only been a year!!
I am so disappointed!

1 1 Reply

Dec 16, 2014 #916677 Mountain View, California

From what i see in one of the photos thats damage that was obviously done by tge owner of the funiture. That one spot is obviously a slash from a sharp edged object. How is that the furniture companys fault?

3 3 Reply
p.o.s durablend

Jan 31, 2015 #939251 Atlanta, Georgia

I have the what looks to be the same couch, in a room that is hardly used. Our couch is worse than this and is app. 4 years old! Will never by from Ashley again!

2 3 Reply

Jul 20, 2015 #1009738

I have the same couch and it's not from the owner!

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 38 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ashley Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Ashley Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about