Cincinnati, Ohio
6.7K views 44 comments
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008.I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase and the leather has started peeling off.

We called up the customer service and were told that the warranty has expired and hence they cannot do anything about it.They told that I need to get it repaired at my own cost. When we bought the furniture, we selected Ashley because they claim to have excellent quality.

They were not even bothered about getting it repaired even when I told that I would take care of the repair costs.I must say that their quality is worse and I would not recommend anyone to buy furniture from their store.I have never seen a good quality leather sofa getting ripped off within 3 years of purchase.It is really frustrating!

Review about: Sofa.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $938
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Lincoln, Alabama, United States #1329202

I've ever heard a good word about Ashley. My son bought two matching sofas and in three years they were ready for the trash heap.

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #1319757

Ashley is low quality, some things are ok but most of it won't last very long

Orlando, Florida, United States #1288496

The same thing happened to me.Mine started peeling after two years and they would not honor the warranty.

We bought a couch cover but the couch is still peeling.Ashley Furniture sucks.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States #1259337

I went through a similar issue.I was told it was real leather but it turned out to be faux and it peeled and would get all over your back.

I decided I will never buy Ashley furniture again.I couldn't even get it repaired.

Mrs. Murphy
Davenport, Iowa, United States #1247005

I also purchased a dura-blend leather couch from Ashley in October 2015.The sales associated was very convincing when explaining to me that the sectional that I was purchasing was one of the most durable on the market.

It was not even a year before the seat cushion leather started to tear. I was told by the store that the cushions were covered under warranty but upon numerous times of calling customer service, I just got the run-a-round. When I finally got a return call from Ashley, I was informed that the year warranty had expired. Keep in mind that I called about the matter 3 weeks before the year warranty was up and Ashley gave me the run-a-round the entire time.

They called with a final solution, 3 days after the warranty had expired.

They didn't even offer a suggestion on how I could find replacements or anything.I am still baffled over the ordeal.

Oswego, Illinois, United States #1181469

Same here...They came back with the same excuses and wanted to send me a $300 check for the troubles...

I paid over $3000 for the living room set.Still fighting this!

Dewitt, Iowa, United States #1176152

In 2008 the company purchased furniture for a house that is only used 4 months of the yr and is always climate controlled, and of course it's durablend. What a pos and warranty my *** Ashley says no replacement and so does the furniture store just keeps pealing away damaging carpet and sticking to everything even killed a dyson. They should be ashamed of themselves for not fixing this for people, we have not and never will buy Ashley furniture again

Besse40
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States #1173745

I have had the EXACT same experience.We have had our furniture for about 5 years now.

2 years ago, I called to see what could be done. Our warranty was already out! What kind of furniture PEELS when it is not very old? The family owned company that we bought ours from shouldn't do business with a company that sells items like these.

You would think that with the Ashley name, that their product would be worthy!!I have made many attempts to see about getting something done, and I haven't had any luck!

Same here and lots of others. We paid $2300 so we are really pissed

John
Taylor, Michigan, United States #1138202

Mine started peeling in 2 years.