Verified Reviewer

1.3

Update by user Jul 19, 2021

This has been ongoing for way to long to have not gotten anywhere. There conduct is unacceptable for a large company.

Original review posted by user Jul 18, 2021

We were so happy to be purchasing our first dining room set. We ordered it knowing due to the pandemic that it would be on back order, and we were ok with that.

After a few months, the furniture was in.

We had paid for the delivery. The delivery company name is Home delivery link. They are contracted by Ashley. Just so you are aware, there are a lot of companies that use them for delivery.

These companies are Ashley Furniture, Bob's Discount Furniture, Sears, The Dump, Grand Furniture, Ethan Allen, lazy boy, Macy's, Mattress firm, and several others.

The delivery was set up, and they came out and delivered it.

While delivering the furniture, not only did they damage the furniture, but they broke 2 personal Items.

We called the company that day to file a complaint and to also get the furniture reordered because of it being damaged.

After several days, a representative from the moving company reached out on 5/17/21 and requested information on the 2 items. I sent the information over via text as requested that day.

I reached out on 5/20/21 she was out sick, reached out on 5/24/21and she was still out sick but informed me that the one item, the elephants, they would send me a money order for $100.00. (to this date I have not received that money order). The vase that was also broken was 25 years old and from Ireland.

That is worth a lot more. This is when she informed me that the delivery guys do not make that kind of money. She then referred it over to a manager by the name of Randal. The next time I heard from him was 6/2/21 when he emailed me requesting an appraisal.

He stated in the email that he would only give me 72 hrs to respond, or the claim would be closed.

This I found unfair due to the fact that I had been dealing with the back and forth for a month and now only given 72 hours to respond to him. I was also going to be responsible for the cost of the appraisal, when it was their mistake that lead us here.

I received an email on 6/10/21 stating the claim was closed due to me not responding to them, even though I sent an email claiming that I wanted them to pay for the appraisal.

In the meantime, I called Ashley about the replacement Furniture and was told it was in. They scheduled a delivery date for 6/24/21. This was for the table and server to be replaced.

The same delivery co. came out to deliver and only had table-top. They did not have the server and knew nothing about that. They took the legs off of the damaged table and put them on the new tabletop.

(I video the workers delivering). That table-top was also damaged. They took pics and submitted them to Ashley. I then come to find out that the one leg on the table is cracked and that the leaf does not fit into this table.

Called the store and the manager informed me that the table is one unit and should have been delivered with the legs and the leaf.

Once again, this is back on the delivery co.

Now after all of this, as of today they now only want to give me a $100.00.

They also informed me that I would have to get an appraisal for that item, then wait for them to put a judgement against the worker that is no longer with the company to get paid.

So to save every one, the hassle that we have now been going through for several months and the time that it has taken up, please look up all reviews and shop where the company you are buying from that subcontracting work out will back you. a lot of

User's recommendation: Do Not purchase anything from these companies until they find a different delivery service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: To be compensated for the broken items and for the aggravation that I have now gone through. The time that I have lost with all of this when it was there mistake not mine..

Ashley Furniture Pros: Look of the furniture, Delivery people who are contracted out.

Ashley Furniture Cons: I would never send anyone there, Delivery service, Them not taking responsibility for there mistakes.

Location: 5565 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23462