Avondale, Arizona

I purchased a white twin bed yesterday, Jan. 11,2014.

I drove 40 miles to the warehouse to pick up the bed. When I walked into the warehouse a young man was getting ready to put my bed in my car and I noticed the head board and foot board were not in a box. Upon questioning this he told me it didn't come in a box. The headboard looked dirty to me and he said it was from being handled.

He then took some spray and wiped it all off. It was very dark in the warehouse so it was difficult to see. He hurriedly placed the headboard face down in my trunk where I had placed a blanket. He then put the rest of the bed in my trunk.

When I got home my husband carried all of this up to our bedroom where in the light of day we were both in complete shock. The headboard was chipped, scratched, and there was a designed separation which someone had tried to seal with calking and had stopped halfway. The footboard was chipped and marked with a black substance and the side boards had cracks in them. I called Ashley's in Avondale, Az.

where I purchased this bed and they told me to bring it to them. We packed it back in the car and when we got there we were asked to speak to a manager whose name was Russell. I could not believe how I was treated by this gentleman. He never once apologized to me and in fact he insulted me by saying "you should have checked this at the warehouse".

He actually made me feel like it was my fault that your company sold me a $400 bed that looked like something from a garage sale. I asked him "don't you find it odd that a white bed was not even in a box." His response was " I don't know what they do at the warehouse". I'm surprised a manager doesn't know what the proper procedure is when a customer picks up merchandise. He ended up giving me the floor model because I had to have a bed with out of state guest coming to stay last night.

The floor model also had marks on it that I couldn't remove. I have been a longtime customer of Ashley's furniture and have spent thousands of dollars in the past few years. I work in a restaurant and when any guest has a complaint we comp their meal and give them a gift card to assure they will return. I paid full price for damaged furniture and was never offered any compensation....how about some money off the floor model or throw in a little night stand.

I received nothing but insults and no apology. With this kind of service I will not be returning to Ashley furniture stores.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Bed.

Comments