Edmonton, Alberta

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! YOU CANNOT EVEN PAY ME TO SHOP AT ASHLEY FURNITURE EVER AGAIN!!! IF I WON A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO ASHLEY FURNITURE, I WOULD RIP IT UP INSTANTLY!!

Last fall (2011), I decided to purchase a table set (6 chairs and a dining room table) and a desk with a hutch. It was delivered in Sept on time. When they delivered the products, the hutch had a crack in it, one of the chairs had a crack in the legs, and under the table were some weird looking holes along with a crack. They left all the items and said they would replace the defective items in time. I remember thinking that the holes in the table reminded me of termite holes but I thought, well in Canada there are no termites..right??? Well, one month passes, and I am at the dining table doing some craft work and I heard something drop onto the ground. I look down to find all this saw dust and wood bits and two small WORM things crawling onto the ground. I was so disgusted!!! I looked under the table and there were more holes along with what looked like chewed up wood!!! I cleaned up the mess and called Ashley furniture only to have the run around by them. I placed the table outside, OBVIOUSLY! They were not happy to come pick up the table and were extremely rude on the phone to me!! I just dropped $2100 at their store and have never been treated so poorly...the last guy that I spoke to was super condescending and rude, basically stating that if something were to happen to the table while it's outside that it would be my fault and that Ashley furniture would not be responsible. They came and got the table though that day after the yelling match I had with them.

So I had placed one of the bugs in a ziploc bag and took it to a pest control place. I was not sure if this had infested by newly built home!! Turns out, the bug was a POWDERPOST BEETLE LARVAE that eats anything wood...hardwood, soft wood, treated wood. Luckily it did not look like they had infested my house. I'm just glad I happened to be at that table at that time because who knows what would have happened if we caught it later!!!

So never again will I shop at Ashley furniture!!! They did give me a refund on the table and chairs...but that is about it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Table.

Comments