North Brunswick Township, New Jersey

On September 20, 2015 I took delivery of a living room set. I was sold defective/poor quality furniture.

The product I received was not the same as the product on display in their showroom. This is known as bait and switch. I called Ashley Furniture numerous times over the last 2 1/2 months and have been getting the run around. I was told by an Ashley employee that there is an ongoing issue with the furniture I purchased.

They told me they were going to take care of the problem. I notified them of the problem right after delivery. They said they were ordering new fill for the back pillows. No one ever called back and nothing was ordered.

Again I called and was told the same thing, they will order new fill and have a technician come to my house to fix the problem. There is no back support on the couch or love seat and you can not sit on them. The rear corners of the seats are caving in due to the poor quality and no support. No one ever called back and nothing was ordered.

I called on November 26, 2015 I was told they are looking into taking the furniture back as the tags are still on them. I have not been able to sit in my living room to watch TV in 3 months. Of course I never heard back from them. On December 3, 2015 I filed a complaint with the BBB.

I received my first and only phone call from Ashley Furniture after the complaint was filed. Today December 22, 2015 Ashley Furniture sent an independent inspector to examine the furniture. I was told that he has seen this problem with everyone who bought this furniture and that Ashley is aware of the problem but refuses to do anything about it.

They keep taking the customer's money. The inspector said the furniture is made of poor quality materials and would cost more to fix than it's worth.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Set.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Unwilling to stand behind products, No one fixed the problem.

• defective products