Memphis, Tennessee

5 years ago I purchased furniture and a $249.99 warranty with the promise that if it wasn't used I would get it back. A few months ago I bought a sofa sleeper but couldn't use my warranty return because 5 years were not up until May 17.

Today I went in to buy the chair that matches my sofa. I was told that I have to spend $500. To use that warranty refund and cannot get the sale price. This is totally different from what I was told by two different sales people 5 years ago.

They have had my money, earning interest for 5 years, now they punish me, I can't get the Memorial Day sale price if I use my warranty money! Not a good way to treat a very good customer, or should I say... Ex customer! I went to another furniture store and purchased my chair.

It is not about the money but about customer service, I have worked in retail and always treated my customers right.

They have my$249.99 but they will lose much more than that in the long run. I will NEVER shop there again, nor will any of my friends or family!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Furniture Warranty.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Salesperson.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Customer service.

Comments