was happy that this Dover store had a selection with delivery available to my new home in Milton DE. Currently, living in VA until my home is constructed I visited an Ashley Furniture showroom in Woodbridge, VA instead of making a 2.5 hrs drive to Dover. We found a Queen bedroom set we liked, called the Ashley Dover DE store and told them we have an Ashley Ad showing the sale price at $999. A Kyle confirmed they too have the sale, that they could honor the sale until 7-14-14, but that they would have to order it, as long as I drive to Dover and buy it. I made hotel arrangements, took time off from work, incurred costs to go buy my furniture. The day before my trip to Dover, I called the Ashley Dover store so they can have things ready... now they decided to tell me because Ashley furniture is a "franchise" that they could not honor the Woodbridge VA sale of $999 but could only offer it at $1600...
Of course I was livid, I was previously told they could offer the same sale, stopped my life, hotel, time off from work. .. a cost to me...
When I explained this to the manager he showed no sympathy, he called the other Ashley VA store his competition, and that he couldn't "giveaway" furniture. ... as if I was asking for a handout... NOT once did he seem sympathetic to possible mis-communication by Kyle, not once did he show any sympathy for misunderstanding, he remained tepid as if they can do no wrong. .m
We made our attempt to keep our money at their store, we even purchased $2500 of furniture the weekend before.
This manager gave me the feeling that I was poor and begging for a handout.
He expressed zero to no remorse for the potential of misrepresentation by his employee, it didn't even phase him how I explained I took time off from work, incurred hotel costs. .. this guy gave you the feeling of "too bad, so sad... not my problem".
I care about the employees their and their jobs, so I won't go so far as to say don't buy their products.
But.. don't put yourself in a situation where store manager displays a holier than thou attitude. .. they really gave me the impression they didn't care less...
By the way, Kyle and other floor salespeople treated us nice, and I accept that either he or myself may have misunderstood each other. .
But you get the feeling that they have run to the store manager as if he's the great Wizard of Oz... behind some curtain working magic. You get that used car sales feeling, and if the manager talks to me the way the way I perceived, imagine how he talks to the salespeople. ..
DON'T put yourself in a situation that you have to deal or talk to this manager, he really needs to brush up in his customer service skills.. .. used car sales lots gave you more sympathy. .
I am not doing business their again... I was planning on filling my 3300 sq ft house at a budget of $1000 to $3500 a room....
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Furniture Purchase
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "That's what happened to my leather sectional I purchased @ Ashley's just about four years ago and paid over $1,200.00. No pets, no kids...I sent them complaint about two years..."
- "I purchased several rooms of furniture from Ashley furniture online in December 2015. Everything delivered by UPS was damaged SEVERAL times, and on the final UPS delivery I actually met..."
- "We bought a recliner and couch (with recliner on each end) from Ashley at Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, Arizona. Just two months later, the leather started flaking off..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."