I want to start by stating that the staff at this location are great, our saleswoman, Laura, was very helpful.However, this review is about the delivery process and the corporation as a whole.
My husband and I ordered furniture for our new home (whole bedroom set and living room set) about 2-3 weeks before moving in. My late grandfather gave me his couch that was ordered by Ashley a year ago, so we wanted to buy the matching set. We moved in on June 15, and we were guaranteed delivery by July 9. We would have hoped for sooner delivery, but we understood that it had to be ordered.
On July 5, we were told that the headboard for our bed was backordered, so it wasn't ready, and the entire order couldn't be delivered until 7/16. We were discouraged, but agreed. On 7/12, we were told the headboard still was not ready, and they needed to delay it another week. We were upset and my husband advised the worker that he wanted the rest of the furniture to be delivered on 7/16 then.
The furniture came, but they did not bring the bed AT ALL, just the mattress rolled up in a bag (it was temper-pedic). I was at work when they delivered the furniture, so my husband was home and he immediately called the 800 number and complained. They guaranteed us the whole bed by the next day, 7/17. So my husband waits all day on 7/17 and the furniture doesn't come.
He calls them again and they advised my husband that the bed was sitting in their warehouse, but there was no more trucks to deliver it (mind you, we live maybe 15-20 min from the warehouse). Finally they promised us (after my husband screamed at them) $200 credit and the bed the next day.
The next day the bed finally came, but if it wasn't for my late grandfather promising me this couch on his death bed, I would have never ordered from here.Complete waste of time and energy, and the furniture was extremely overpriced!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have tried to get a different mattress with Ashley furniture bc they stearns & foster they brought me had a black stain on it and had divets in..."
- "That's what happened to my leather sectional I purchased @ Ashley's just about four years ago and paid over $1,200.00. No pets, no kids...I sent them complaint about two years..."
- "Bad experience In Poughkeepsie, Ny Ashley HomeStore. This was our first and last time we will deal with Ashley Furniture ever. We have told friends and family not to Shop..."
- "We are writing to inform consumers of the poor workmanship of out $65,000 Anthony Sylvan pool. We contracted with Anthony Sylvan in 2007 and the pool was completed in..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "I am dis-satisfied with my service at this the Tyler Texas Regis salon. My reasons are; Mind you. It was my birthday gift (to myself)-When I called the salon to..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."