Ashley Furniture - Review about Slow Bed Delivery from Freehold, New Jersey

621 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews

I want to start by stating that the staff at this location are great, our saleswoman, Laura, was very helpful.However, this review is about the delivery process and the corporation as a whole.

My husband and I ordered furniture for our new home (whole bedroom set and living room set) about 2-3 weeks before moving in. My late grandfather gave me his couch that was ordered by Ashley a year ago, so we wanted to buy the matching set. We moved in on June 15, and we were guaranteed delivery by July 9. We would have hoped for sooner delivery, but we understood that it had to be ordered.

On July 5, we were told that the headboard for our bed was backordered, so it wasn't ready, and the entire order couldn't be delivered until 7/16. We were discouraged, but agreed. On 7/12, we were told the headboard still was not ready, and they needed to delay it another week. We were upset and my husband advised the worker that he wanted the rest of the furniture to be delivered on 7/16 then.

The furniture came, but they did not bring the bed AT ALL, just the mattress rolled up in a bag (it was temper-pedic). I was at work when they delivered the furniture, so my husband was home and he immediately called the 800 number and complained. They guaranteed us the whole bed by the next day, 7/17. So my husband waits all day on 7/17 and the furniture doesn't come.

He calls them again and they advised my husband that the bed was sitting in their warehouse, but there was no more trucks to deliver it (mind you, we live maybe 15-20 min from the warehouse). Finally they promised us (after my husband screamed at them) $200 credit and the bed the next day.

The next day the bed finally came, but if it wasn't for my late grandfather promising me this couch on his death bed, I would have never ordered from here.Complete waste of time and energy, and the furniture was extremely overpriced!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Bed
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #515898

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ashley Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
621 of 2028 Ashley Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.