Michael D Vtn

| map-marker Thomaston, Georgia

Does not live up to promises.

I purchased a new bedroom suite for my wife of 58 years. She picked out a new set including a headboard, footboard, side rails and an adjustable electric foundation that was (supposedly) free with the purchased mattress, which sold for $2,294.00.

She also chose the matching dresser and nightstand. The purchase price was over $4,000.00. I had told the salesperson I expected free delivery and did not want to purchase an extended warranty or protection plan. When getting to the checkout and after totaling it up, she could not print a receipt due to some website problems she was having.

She said she would e-mail me a receipt and I would have it by the time I got home. I didn't get one.

Although I didn't know it at the time, Ashley Home Stores in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area, is franchised by Mathis Brothers Furniture, also in Tulsa and I have made many purchases there as well. When it was delivered, the driver handed me delivery invoices from Mathis Bros. On it was a $149.00 delivery charge as well as a $149.99 "protection plan." They also sent a $99 mattress protector you could have bought elsewhere for $39.00.

After they set up the furniture and left, we tried out the adjustable bed. The mattress was so thick, it rubbed against the sideboard rails. In addition, there was NO way you could get the fitted sheets on as you could not get your hands between the rail and the fitted sheet, or mattress protector. The only solution I had was to remove the adjustable platform, replace the side rails and footboard with a Harvard style frame to make it work.

This of course removed the charm of the set and disappointed my wife greatly. Of course, since the adjustable platform was "free" plus they had "no return on platform" marked on the bill, I have no recourse. I feel it was the salespersons' responsibility to know the 15" high oversized single mattress w/ platform could NOT be used with side rails. He said his boss told him they couldn't do anything about it.

Normally when I shopped the Tulsa Hills store, I asked for Jonathon, who always treated me right in the past. I was hoping, since Jonathon was not there, this different sales rep would be the same. I guess I was a very poor judge of character.

I feel the least they could do is refund the $149.99 protection plan dollars as I didn't want it in the first place. Oh, by the way, they did give me a "free" pillow for a bonus for spending four grand!

User's recommendation: Know who you're dealing with!

Kristin R Trx

| map-marker Ponchatoula, Louisiana

I cannot get anyone out of at least 6 people I tried to resolve my situation

Where do I begin. Labor Day weekend I purchased a bedroom and living room set and was assured that everything was available and in stock.

We scheduled a delivery date for Nov 3rd when my new construction home was expected to be delivered. I went back in on Oct 27th to purchase a mattress which I ended up financing this time and have both orders delivered on Nov 10th my new move in date. When my first order was looked into, it was told to me that a delivery date was never scheduled. To my surprise of course, and not only that 2 of the items were not available (the nightstand and the middle section of my couch).

I was told that the items missing could possibly be in on the 14th, so I let it go. He scheduled both orders to be delivered on the 10th, the previous $6100 invoice and the new one for $1700. As I was leaving I saw a clearance bedroom set that I thought was cute so I took a picture. I woke up the next morning, contacted my sales representative, went back to the store for the 3rd time and purchased another bedroom set.

This one I had to pickup myself and understood. I left and before I left, I made sure to ask when would be a good time to call to make sure my delivery was all set for the 10th. The sale representative said between the Monday or Wednesday before. Trusting him, I waited till Wednesday at around 2:30 and called him directly as he suggested I do.

And again there was no scheduled delivery for my Labor Day order but my mattress was scheduled for the 10th and was coming. I asked him to make this make sense to me. He couldnt and told me the earliest delivery date he had was Nov 14th. I said ok and told him that I would be up there the next day after work to speak to the store manager just so he is aware of what is happening to his sales and customers experience.

The next morning, I contacted another Ashley store nearby in Baton Rouge (I live in Hammond Louisiana and have been dealing with our local Ponchatoula store). The associate there Amber was able to not only have my delivery date scheduled for the 10th for both orders but she was also able to have the nightstand and the middle part of my couch included. My mind was blown. I wanted to cancel my order with Ponchatoula and give her the commission but she was too sweet and wouldnt do that to her colleagues.

Again make it make sense when both stores use the same warehouse in Covington Louisiana. Also, Amber was able to tell me how delivery dates are scheduled. You simply click the date you want the items to be delivered then click schedule delivery. Again, mind blown that all it takes is two clicks.

Now that I was informed, I drove to the store where I am now over $8000 indebted to. I stood at the front desk while a man was in an office with clear windows sitting on his computer. He could see me, and I could see him. I waited to the point that it got uncomfortable.

My sales representative walked over from out of nowhere and asked if he could help me. I told him he could direct me to Brian Kellum, the manager. He said and pointed that Brian is sitting right there just go in. Wait the man who has been in my eye view this entire time who hasnt gotten up to greet me and invite me in his office is your store manager and you want me just to go in.

Absolutely not. I have manners. He walked me in. I sat down and Mr Kellum had his computer screen up and didnt touch his keys or his mouse (he was prepared but didnt want me to know he knew who I was).

I went over what all I had experienced and simply told him that as a professional managing a business my intend here is to make him aware because surely his isnt aware of the lack of communication, the two vanished delivery dates that I had scheduled, and the missing items that were promised to me. I have patience but what I do appreciate is his time to explain how this happens and why I wasnt notified over the course of 3 months any of the changes. He turns his computer screen to me and tries to show me by saying you see here (and points to a line where I can see the words delivery) it says delivery and it clearly shows where the delivery company went in and canceled the scheduled date. And here they did it again.

I said sir, so you are telling me, as a manager of a business who just made a $8000+ sales over 3 purchases that you allow an outside company such as a delivery service to have access and control of your sales orders and especially to make changes without your consent and awareness. I have a hard time believing that. He turned to me and said mam what you are not going to do is raise your voice. What?

I said sir I am not raising my voice. I am asking a question about my order that I dont believe that Ashley Furniture as a company would give outsiders access to their system. Is that not a question that you dont get often? Surely this didnt just happen to me.

He then asked me where I came from. Which I didnt understand if he meant where was I born or where I currently live. I said excuse me? Where I was born and raised?

He said no, where did you drive here from. I told him the school that I work at in Hammond, the connecting town. He said how many miles away. I said I dont know 10

minutes.

He then said here is what we are going to do. I am going to take $219 off to compensate your travel cost to get here. You will see it taken off of your swivel chair. Are we done here.

I got up and said, oh we most definitely are done here and left. The next day I get an email to confirm my delivery and the items that will be included in the delivery (everything is listed) where I notice that not just $219 is removed from my total cost but its a combined $1200. My white glove delivery cost and taxes was removed as well as the $219. Amber at the Baton Rouge informed corporate and they did that for me.

Delivery on the 10th was another nightmare. My bed came in with the strap broken and the right leg hardware will not tighten. The delivery guy took pictures. We called, Jenny, the delivery manager from his phone.

She and the delivery guy told me that the best option is to let them order the parts instead of sending the whole bed back and a technician will be in touch with me that weekend. Monday comes and goes and I havent heard anything. I call a telephone number and speak to someone who I forward the delivery receipt and pictures emails between me and Jenny to rsmith with Ashley home store. She looks up my order number/contract number and says it has been closed out.

It is complete. I almost cried. She said dont worry. Send me over the emails which I forwarded to her.

She reviewed them. She took my address and said I would be getting the hardware within 7-10 days then to contact them so they could send a technician out to fix my bed. I contacted Jenny. Jenny did the same.

So as far as I knew I was surely going to get at least one set of hardware if not two. This was really close to Thanksgiving so I waited to after thanksgiving, and emailed Jenny the local person. She wrote back sorry for the delay your hardware will be shipped out the first week in December. December 13th I emailed her again..

she texted and emailed me and said sorry for the delay your hardware kit will be shipped out the last week in January. I havent heard anything nor did I receive anything from rsmith and I emailed her as well. The following day, December 14th, I contacted another Ashely Number as well. The lady informs me that my bed no longer exists and my parts nor bed can be replaced.

I asked her when did this occur as I told her what Jenny had told me. She said it was discontinued on Dec 8th. How can that be when on the Dec 13th Jenny rescheduled my hardware to be shipped out the last week in January. Her reasoning was sometimes we have glitches in our BOTS..

it hit me. I have been talking to a robot this entire time. Then I go back to my bedroom on November 10th

On the phone with a human and standing next to a delivery man who is a human and the human lady said her name is Jenny she is hiding behind the robot. I was crushed.

All of this just crushed me. So I sat in silence for a minute to gain control of my tears and emotions. And I said so what can I do. She put me on hold came back and offered me to exchange my bed for one of equal or lesser value and if I go over I have to pay the difference.

Mam I purchased a bedroom set. One that all pieces match. That is not going to work. Then I said wait.

When I purchased my bed in Sept is was not discontinued. When it was delivered it was not discontinued. When it was rescheduled to be delivered the second time the first week of Dec it was not discontinued so you are going to find a way for me to keep my bed and how to fit it. She put me on hold and came back and said she is going to deliver me the footboard side rails that have the straps and cross boards.

Everything for the bed but the headboard. Magically she now made it work. Then I asked about my $1200 I mentioned above. I waited 30 days for it to be credited back to my credit card the source of payment I used for the invoice they chose to deduct the $1200 from.

She said it was in an account as a credit at the store for me to purchase items such as a lamp. No the $1200 was removed from my invoice. An invoice is a receipt for payment. My original payment was $6100 now it is $1200 less.

That $1200 needs to be taken off of my payment. Ill also take a check and apply it to my loan that I took out through synchrony bank for my last two purchases. She told me I would have to talk to my Service Coordinator Ladora. I asked for Ladoras contact information number and/or email.

She refused to give it to me. She told me she will email Ladora to contact me. It has been 72 hours. I have not been contacted by the delivery crew to schedule my delivery for my bed pieces and nor has my service coordinator Ladora contacted me.

Please someone help me so I can move on from this. I am respectfully asking for a resolution so that we, Ashley Furniture Store and I, can part ways and never ever have to interact again. To assume that I want to step foot in their store again and purchase anything with my $1200 that they chose to credit/take off of my invoice/bill paid is equivalent to assume that I want to be forced back into an abusive relationship. I dont care if this sounds extreme and I dont care if anyone gets offended by my comment and/or thinks I am insensitive these people, nearly 12 of them now that I reflect more, who I have encountered, have truly been nothing shy of useless, careless, emotionless, and Ill say it MEAN!

So yes, I have a right and I will compare this company to a abusive relationship and they are making it so hard to get out of by choosing to ignore and not resolve all of this, when they/someone can. All it takes is one person in this company to step up on their behalf and do the right thing.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Baton rouge associate amber
Cons:
  • No accountability
  • Unwillingness to follow through with their claims
  • Broken bed still not fixed for over a month

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: I love my furniture and I recommend the Baton Rouge Louisiana Store ask for Amber. But as far as anyone else I have come in contact with, it’s like jumping through hoops of burning fire to even get someone in the phone, it has been a NIGHTMARE

Christopher L Xtf

| map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Defective couch

Ashley Furniture - Defective couch
Ashley Furniture - Defective couch - Image 2
Defective couch, cushions keep sliding out!,couch is very uncomfortable, only had it for 4 months and not happy with it!!!

User's recommendation: Don't buy!

map-marker Redding, California

Repair

Ashley Furniture - Repair
Handle broke off recliner. After an hour, I was able to reach Warranty. They said they sent a link for the claim, but it did not come. I paid for extended warranty, but getting help has been a nightmare!

User's recommendation: Shop somewhere else

Robert J Pkk

| map-marker Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Never got my Ashley furniture credit card

Never got my Ashley furniture credit card
A few weeks ago I applied for a credit card and got approved for a $1000 credit limit. I've waited, for weeks and I want to know where my credit card is, so I can place a order for a living room suit that I want, I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed and missed out on a good sale for the living room suit I wanted because I never got my credit card I missed out on that sale because of y'all . I'm highly pissed I want this matter received today!
Loss:
Pros:
  • I want the credit card i was approved for sent to me asap
Cons:
  • I want my credit card

Preferred solution: My credit card I never got in the mail so I could buy the living room suit I wanted

Maria H Opp

Verified Reviewer

Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality.

Ashley Furniture - Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality. - Image 2
Ashley Furniture - Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality. - Image 3
Ashley Furniture - Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality. - Image 4
Ashley Furniture - Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality. - Image 5
Ashley Furniture - Beware do not purchase items and assume they will provide quality. - Image 6

edroom set was purchased online, we paid for delivery and set up. When delivered there was damage to the set in many different areas, the person delivering the set said they would take photos and have someone call us so we believed them.

The same day it was delivered I called and advised them of damages and provided photos, it took me calling more than 6 times to get assistance and ask when would they come ad get the furniture as I did not purchase used/damaged items. Finally they agreed to pick up only to be told the $213.99 delivery fee was not going to be refunded, at no time during delivery did they say if it is damaged they would take it away so no option was given. Ashly Furniture dies not stand behind their quality and they do not care about the consumer.

I am out $213.99 for damaged furniture that was delivered. I consider this unacceptable as a consumer.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not stand behind their product

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: This is not quality furniture

Tammy L Rya

| map-marker Dublin, Virginia

Not satisfied with quality of cushions

Ashley Furniture - Not satisfied with quality of cushions
Ashley Furniture - Not satisfied with quality of cushions - Image 2
Ashley Furniture - Not satisfied with quality of cushions - Image 3
Ashley Furniture - Not satisfied with quality of cushions - Image 4
My call was placed after business hours. I am calling from pissed consumer. Please return my call at your earliest convenience. Thank you
map-marker New York, New York

Strongly advise to not purchase Ashley furniture. They do not stand behind their furniture. Purchased a couch last year received it December 19 and they are telling me the warranty is not good because the purchase date was 9 December. Furniture is cheaply made. Will never purchase from them again terrible customer service they do not stand behind their furniture at all because they know its awful!! The couch is in the basement and rarely used.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase

map-marker Rialto, California

Won’t cover warranty tried multiple times.

Ashley Furniture - Won’t cover warranty tried multiple times.
Delivered with defect. Tried to repair but still same issue. No one calls me back. They send email with phone number and no one answered

User's recommendation: Don’t buy warranty and make sure you check before they leave

Rajdeep G Ige

Charged for order but not received Order Issue

Ashley Furniture - Charged for order but not received Order Issue
Ashley Furniture - Charged for order but not received Order Issue - Image 2
Order: 725008****87 We have been charged $753 out of a $3055 order. Placed on 11/19/2023. We have not received anything. FedEx tracking shows it got delivered to your warehouse in Washington? I am going around in circles for the pst 2 weeks. I dont know if the news media can help because Ashley furniture is not helping me! *** Ashley DELIVERED my items to their own warehouse. And charged me. Then proceed to tel me they will cance the remaining items. Make this make sense!!! Im going around in circles. See proof below!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do NOT shop online. Go somewhere else or to your local store for loca delivery!

Riley H Ajm
map-marker Jacksonville, North Carolina

I am not pissed I just need a replacement control for my recliner

No complaints I just need where to order a replacement control for my recliner I have no problem with this company.

User's recommendation: Keep buying

Liane A Blt

| map-marker Daytona Beach, Florida

They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest level!

Ashley Furniture - They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest level!
Ashley Furniture - They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest... - Image 2
Ashley Furniture - They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest... - Image 3
Ashley Furniture - They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest... - Image 4
Ashley Furniture - They don’t cover their product quality, lie and scam you the highest... - Image 5

I bought a sectional that look beautiful for just few weeks, paid $3500 with xtra warranty. Month later it looks like a worn out dog bed!

The fabric is piling and looks terrible. They dont want to refund me or let me trade for different couch! The 1 year warranty doesnt cover anything, and extra warranty doesnt cover anything too. Shame on this company!

They are trash and no customer service, bunch of liars and *** bags!

They shouldnt be in business! Check the photos 1 month after $3500 purchase with extra warranty that doesnt cover anything, and even the 1 year warranty doesnt cover anything.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Dishonest company

Preferred solution: A different couch with different fabric or full refund.

User's recommendation: Do not buy anything from this company

agustin m Frq

| map-marker Buford, Georgia

Lousy customer service

Ashley Furniture - Lousy customer service
Updated by user Oct 22, 2023

I gave and zero response

Original review Oct 07, 2023
Dont have the professional opinion to say anything about about non delivery practices. Very lax company. Never buying anything from them again. *** .
Cons:
  • See above

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else

Michael M Nry

| map-marker Savannah, Georgia

Never fixed my chair which is under warranty

My chair has never been fixed my claim number is 934929 you have sent the wrong part and your repair man cannot use what you sent either fix my chair which is under warranty or if you cannot I want a replacement
Loss:
Pros:
  • I like you products
Cons:
  • You do not back your products

Preferred solution: Either it fixed or replaced

User's recommendation: Don’t buy anything from your store

Liane A Blt

| map-marker Daytona Beach, Florida

Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from them

Ashley Furniture - Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from them
Ashley Furniture - Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from... - Image 2
Ashley Furniture - Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from... - Image 3
Ashley Furniture - Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from... - Image 4
Ashley Furniture - Trying to get help to solve my problem with the couch I bought from... - Image 5
I will never recommend Ashley to anyone. Terrible service and they dont back up their products, the 1 year warranty doesnt cover anything and the extra warranty doesnt cover anything. $3500 spend and zero satisfaction.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Invalid warranty
  • No customer service
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Exchange for another couch due the fabric looking terrible, piling after one month of use

User's recommendation: Do not buy there ! They are dishonest to the extreme

Debbie C Iit

Verified Reviewer

Nobody can help me after purchase

Ashley Furniture - Nobody can help me after purchase

My husband and I recently purchased a Platform bed frame, Signature Design by Ashley. But because we didn't purchase it at their store or online, from them, we can't connect with anyone that can answer questions about the product.We like the frame except for the noise that seems to be coming from the cloth platform base.

We're trying to find out if we can use the cross slats without the platform base. Or if noise is common until it's been used for a while. Maybe it will stop, in time?

Who knows, and I hate to take it apart to just use the slats if it's not recommended. We should be able to contact a tech that would have answers.

Cons:
  • Dont buy ashley furniture from a third party or they cant help

Preferred solution: answers to some questions about the product we bought

User's recommendation: Don't purchase Ashley furniture from a retail store or you can't get help

Guest

I've heard bad reviews about Ashley's many many times... all over the internet

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article