2.1

March 11, 2015: purchased an Ashley Sofa at Ashley Store in Falls Church, VA.Returned item, at my expense-- it was too long. Asked store for a smaller version, received it approx.

2 weeks later. Before FEBRUARY 15, 2016--well within the Warranty Period (incidentally, I also paid for, a 5-year extended warranty) contacted store manager, was referred to Customer Care, to complain about the obvious defect of the sofa--the cushion sinks horribly in the mid section. After several tele calls, a technician came to CONFIRM the DEFECT, but the EXTENDED WARRANTY covered only PARTS & LABOR. Back to store/consumer svs, I was told that nothing could be done as it was MY FAULT!

I have since contacted ASHLEY HDQTS, with NO RESULTS, only a new round of 'passing the buck' a.to the customer care center covering the store -- who was unaware of the exchange of emails with hqts, and said that I needed to speak with Fatima, CS for the FC store!! Upon my protesting that advice --'been there, done that--and one of my chief complaints {the other being the MANUFACTURER DEFECT} the CS associate said she would refer the matter back to CS at Ashley hdqts (May 18, 10AM). I emailed TAMMY K at CACare (the individual from whom I had received the latest email) on Monday, May 23,2016, requesting an immediate Response--No later than 24 hours--failing which I would proceed with filing a complaint with all available Consumer Protection Agencies, Post the complaints on facebook and other social networks, and contact my local (channel 7 in DC ) ACTION team.

The result: I have NOT HAD ANY COMMUNICATION from Ashley Hdqts, the Ashley CS Center in Md, the store management, or the store's CS--as of this writing, 2:00PM, May 25, 2016.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Sofa.

Reason of review: BOTH POOR QUALITY AND AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments