Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

2.2

Dearest Ashley Furniture Canada, Ashley Furniture Heritage location, Ashley Home Store,

My family and I came to Ashley Home Store in Calgary at Heritage location a few weeks ago, and over a weekend, while working with your salesman aka Brown Sugar and store manager, chose to order a master bedroom suite for our new home. It took us 2-3 days to come back a couple of times as we have young kids, to make sure this was the right bed/mattress/purchase for our home as we had made quick decisions years ago on furniture at Leons and thought Ashley would be an upgrade. We ordered the Hillcott King bed, the long dresser, two night tables, a cocktail table for our living room, a King Mattress and king sized twin box springs for our master suite. We told Ravel (aka Brown Sugar) that we wanted this exact bed.

What we did say repeatedly, and I will stress this again, we repeated to Ravel over and over again that, we want this exact bed, help us get this exact bed meaning height, width, depth, length, fullness, comfiness, all of it. We specifically ordered a big comfy full mattress to meet the requirements we were looking for from the Showroom bed we so desperately loved.

I can tell you right now that I did not say, hey Ravel, order me the tall box springs, order me the highest profile box springs youve got, because I literally did not know that we had to. We purchased a new mattress with box spring from Mattress Mattress in 2018 and the height was perfect of the box springs.

I thought your knowledgeable salesman, who was so helpful in the store, would take the time to ensure HE ordered the correct box springs.

What we looked at on the invoice that we signed on Sales Order Number 0825 96** ** for the box spring was this:

Model: AFSEP 2019 TWIN XL LP BOX TWIN XL LP FOUNDATION

We were trusting that our salesman, who has been there over 10-12 years, to have ordered the correct box springs for our massive, grandiose king bed that we asked over and over again to make sure it was like the SHOWROOM bed.

I do not work at Ashley Furniture, I do not work in the furniture industry. How on Gods green earth is this our fault that what came was LOW BOXSPRINGS for a childrens twin bed.

Please tell me what we did wrong to order this specific set of twin, low box springs, for a grand, king bed with high headboards and footboards. Is it not common sense to order the correct height of box springs in accordance to the height, width, depth, length, grandiosity of the bedroom set ordered?

How is this our fault?

We want the box springs we asked for. We want the box springs that should accompany this massive, grandiose, larger than life, king bed. I dont want to be making love to my husband on the floor, we are in our 30s and not in college in a frat house at a dorm party. We are professionals working in social work and sales and I am beside myself with outrage being treated so unfairly that this is my fault.

I have been conversing with Ashley home store through social media and 3 times I have been told Please wait 24-48 hours for a response. And its now been FIVE DAYS. They told me that The store has confirmed this was not a faulty order. HOW THE FRICK IS THAT NOT A FAULT ORDER I WANT TO KNOW? WE ORDERED BOX SPRINGS TO MATCH THE FRICKING BED. NOT TWO TWIN CHILDRENS BEDS.

We spent $6,500 dollars on this one invoice. We even texted Ravel up and was going to order our 3 year old a new princess bed, but when the box springs came we held off until it was resolved. I have photos and text messages proving all of this.

We let our salesman and customer service, guest services know less than 24 hours after delivery that the box springs were the wrong box springs for this bed.

I am desperately trying to get you to do the right thing. Do the right Fing thing.

I have filed with the Better Business Bureau. I have posted on social media, I am now writing a letter to which I will also address to every news outlet and agency willing to help a family getting screwed over by a multi million dollar business. Since I have started posting I have 12 people who said Ashley screwed them over. Next I will start a petition and collect everyones stories and maybe rally outside the store.

Maybe I will drop off the mattresses right at your doorstep.

Tell me what you are going to do for me? I will not accept anything less than an apology from the Ashley Heritage location, Ashley Canada as a whole. I also want you to gingerly remove your toddler sized box springs from my front step, and deliver the high profile box springs which are what that HILCOTT BED DESRVE.

Our mattress does not meet the headboard, and how the footboard could actually be a headboard that is how low they are.

And lastly, I will share with you that we are a middle class family whom started from lower income. We have worked our *** off to provide for our family and after 10 years of saving were finally able to move up into our forever home and wanted to purchase furniture to match. We are sorry we stepped foot in your store but you can change that distaste that is prevalent in my mouth now.

User's recommendation: Go to The Perfect Home, bypass this mess of a store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ashley Furniture Bed.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Cool stuff - diverse - for the eye, Guys who made actual delivery were very nice.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Gross incompetence, Needs to keep the customer informed, Hard to speak to administration, Treatment by store employees, Failed delivery and servic.

Comments