First let me say that we have purchased many furniture items from Ashley Furniture - kitchen table, bedroom furniture, couches, etc. As long as you don't have an issue with your furniture, everything is GREAT! However, the most recent purchase of a youth bedroom group brought us more headache than we ever imagined.

Upon delivery and inspection of the furniture, we found that all pieces had damage. The dresser and nightstand drawers were warped and would not shut properly, they were not symmetrical in alignment, and a portion of the dresser was left unpainted. The bed bad slats that were uneven. We called Customer Service immediately to inform them of the damage and they said no problem and they would pick up the pieces and replace them all. Great - so I thought. The driver returned to our house 3 times and never left with the furniture. There was some miscommunication between Customer Service, the driver's manager, and the driver. The end result was that the driver acted rude, arrogant, and refused to take the furniture.

My husband and I made several calls to Customer Service and complained. Upon being given the run-around with the agents, we asked to speak with managers and supervisors. Our requests for this were denied. After being treated this way, we didn't even want the furniture anymore. Well, just try getting a refund from Ashley. After hours of debating with them on the phone and getting denied, we finally called our bank. We used our bank card to purchase the furniture. Luckily, the bank is on our side. They also called Ashley and pretty much got the same treatment as we did. So my husband and I loaded up the furniture and took it back ourselves. At first they refused to take anything back. Their policy is to charge a 30% restocking fee for cancellations - not considering that the damaged furniture wouldn't be re-stocked!!!

After an hour waiting and arguing, we finally had a conclusion. Ashley gave us our credit for the damaged furniture without charging a restocking fee. Bottom line is, if you get a perfect piece of furniture, all is well and everyone is happy. If not, brace yourself for a knock-down drag-out fight to get what you want. For us, we will NEVER purchase from Ashley again. RTG has great furniture and prices and they have a 100% return within 48 hours policy if you purchase on-line.

Review about: Ashley Furniture Bed.

Had an Experience with Ashley Furniture?

Comments

Columbiana, Ohio, United States #6919

Smart choice. They'll even stick it to a Granny !!

They don't care

Hopewell, New Jersey, United States #5015

I have never bought from Ashley, but was considering! After reading the reviews here, I have changed my mind. what is RTG?