Phoenix, Arizona
1.8

This is what I sent to them!!

Where to begin?? We are repeat customers - both in AZ and previously in CA. We looked at and bought a really expensive leather recliner/rocker - even on super sale it was $800+!! It took two deliveries to get the right chair - the one with power reclining etc!! It was a little larger and the footrest extended a little further than most, which is good, since I am tall. It is a good looking chair and seemed comfortable, BUT, then a few issues arose. Issues: 1. The power cord to the adapter is ridiculously short - took me a week to figure out how to keep it from unplugging itself whenever the chair moved in any direction! Looks HIDEOUS - Where was the QA/QC??! 2. The flap that covers the rear lower portion does not fit properly - it is the wrong shape and the Velcro patches do not meet - there are large "bulges" on each side of the cover - it is visible at all times - UGLY!! That is when it is fully "up" and should be flush - no reason to have any extra material because it is only when reclined it needs "give". 3. There is little or no padding on the front edge of the foot extension - I cannot comfortably rest my ankles on it - the edge is too sharp (no real padding) and digs into me - I have to constantly adjust my sitting position - Cheap and terrible DESIGN! 4. The power mechanism to raise the foot extension does not reach it's full travel before the back starts to recline. That means I have to bring the back up again (to sit fully upright) every time I want to raise the foot rest to its full "out" position. Someone did not do a good job of the coupling between the two direction of motion - ANNOYING! This could be a great chair and I may get used to it, but for the price vs value and quality, you guys get an "F"! My last chair was a Barcalounger - I was hoping this would be comparable - it is more expensive and really a very poor comparison in terms of quality. I hope you can do better if and when we visit an Ashley store in the future. Sincerely, Rodney

THIS IS WHAT THEY RESPONDED WITH!!!

Dear Rodney,

Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. Since each Ashley dealer is independently owned and operated, they create and implement their own policies regarding returns, refunds and exchanges. Please contact the store for your options.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth

Ashley Internet Communications

AND I SENT BACK!!!

You did not read my email! I am not interested in, and did not mention returns, refunds or exchanges – just wanted you to know that this piece of furniture is VERY POORLY designed and not worthy of a $1600 (RRP) price tag!!! I am sure the independently owned store (after a re-organization etc) does not give a *** about my opinions – they made the sale!!!

It is YOUR design and manufacture process that is sub-par!!! Stop blaming the subs for your poor furniture design!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Unwilling to stand behind products.

Comments