303 views
Verified Reviewer

Featured

In good faith, we bought 2 reclining chairs covered in faux leather. What we bought was a toxic source of fumes and degassing chemistry contamination.

Illness and dermatitis followed.

Furniture had to be removed from the house.

Customer service notified in the store and via a complaint phone which only allowed a recorded message.

No one has responded. Our bill still arrives.

Ashley Furniture Pros: Lied about warranty.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Dangerously toxic chemicals used in fabrication, Very poor customer service, Terrible customer service.

Explore video interviews

Comments

#2079203

I am in a similar situation! We had a whole bedroom set and mattress delivered.

I came home from work a few hours later and could barely breath coming up the stairs to the bedroom, the smell and my reaction was so bad. The independent dealer did come back 3 days later to move all the furniture to the garage, but it was too late. The chemicals must have attached to the carpet and now 3 weeks later, I am still sick. Migraines, burning face, asthma/hard to breath, brain fog, etc.

We keep the door closed with an IQair purifier, but it's still affecting my health! :-( I even talked to corporate. No help there... the seller is making it difficult to return due to their return policy.

25% restock fee and only store credit. Not sure what to do next.

Ashley Furniture Reviews