1.9
Style and Design

Bought a Dylan Durablend recliner from local furniture outlet & it smells like vinyl drenched in kerosine!!!!!!!! I am in my 40s & bought A LOT of furniture in my life time!

I have NEVER had a piece of furniture smell toxic past a couple of hours after off gassing. I have had this for WEEKS now & even sit it out on my screened porch all day to no avail. Still smells as strongly toxic as it did when I first opened it!!!! I have now removed it from inside my house & the air still reeks of it even with my ceiling fan directly over where it was on high & all of my windows open!

This smell got into my clothes & skin & gave me severe headaches, made my nose develop swollen turbinates, & chronic cough from lingering in my head & chest. Also, made my whole family lethargic immediately upon bringing it in (took us awhile to piece that connection together) This was manufactured in 2017 & carried the California label banning flame retardants from the 2015 law. So, trying to figure out why SOOOOO toxic! Shows made in USA with imported parts.

Store refused to take it back & Ashley continues to refuse & acknowledge this as a problem at all. Will NEVER buy an Ashley piece ever again!!!!!

Just for the record, the chair I was replacing was a Simmons Harbortown from Big Lots that was very cheap, but even it did not smell toxic like this chair, but it did end up peeling after about 3 years, which is OK for what I paid for it. Hope we all get our health back after getting this chemical junk piece out of the house!

Review about: Ashley Furniture Recliner.

Reason of review: Perpetual Toxic Off Gassing.

Comments