On 7/6 I Ordered several pieces of furniture, paid by check and was promised delivery on 7/28. On the afternoon of 7/28 got a voicemail stating delivery was cancelled and they would be in touch to reschedule, No explanation.

Phone number given puts your on hold and hangs up after 15 minutes on hold. Store was similarly difficult to get someone on the phone or even leave a message (Algonquin, IL). Recd a text on 7/30 offering me 3 different choices of delivery dates. I called to confirm that the pieces were actually in and was told that they were there.

Scheduled delivery for 8/7 between 9-12. At 10:40 I recd a text telling me that I could choose from 3 later delivery dates. Called the number in the text and when I finally got through was told that the furniture was NOT there and was expected in another week. Was offered an $80 credit off $199 delivery fee, Told them to shove it.

Drove to store to get an explanation from someone who had to look me in the eye, no explanation offered except COVID. But the one thing that you can do during COVID is call the customer to give them a heads up and tell them what is going on. I cancelled the offer and asked for my money back, Had to FIGHT to get them to include a refund of the delivery fee for the furniture they didnt deliver! And because I paid by check (which cleared a month ago) they could only request a check from corporate.

So I dont have the furniture and I dont have my money either. THIS COMPANY IS TERRIBLE

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE.

Ashley Furniture Cons: Poor communicatiion, No show on delivery day, Fraudulent practices and unreasonable contract.

Comments