furniture store customer service customer service ashley delivery money manager warranty

Ashley Furniture - Never ever buy from them

I had just gotten my first apartment and went to Ashley furniture and found a bedroom set that I really liked, but they didn't have it in stock, so they told me that if I paid for it in full they could get one to me in about a week, so needless to say I paid over 2500.00 and waited for the call to tell me that my bedroom set was in, and I waited and waited, so I called them, they kept telling me that it was on back order, after about 2 months, I started getting mad, and every time I called they would tell me the same thing, til one day I called and got a disconnected ,message so I went to the store just to find out that they went out of business, so I tried to call the main branch and was told that there was nothing they can do because the stores are individually owned, so now I am out of $2500.00 and had to pay again for another set from somewhere else, the lesson I have learned is never buy from Ashley furniture because they will take your money and run.

Contact your local business bureau or the attorney general in your state. You'll get your money back

Loss

Bought from Ashley and still without furniture. | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

My son wanted to buy us living room furniture .He sent us to Ashley to pick out what we wanted.We picked the set out and asked about delivery time and was told about 2 weeks time to get it.My son paid for the furniture and we set about to sell our older set. we got an offer for our old set and since it was a few days before our furniture was due in we sold it. Big mistake! We have now been without furniture for 4 weeks. We have just a big empty room where our living room set should be.Everytime I call I am told it will be another week.I will never buy anything from Ashley again and I know my son won't either.Never sell old furniture before the new comes in.

the furniture is made in wisconsin. all durablend and microfiber MATERIAL AND FABRIC is made in JAPAN hint hint the country which is at a dire stand still?

hello?! ashley has been subcontracting like holy *** to make up for their high demand and no fabric production.

Bought Ashley Furniture from Lindsey Furniture store in Lynn Haven Florida. Was told furniture would be delivered with 10- 21 days.

Furniture is over two weeks late already. Still havent received it.

I bought furniture from ashley on march 9 I was told it would be in lubbockin 2 weeks we are going into week 5 no furniture. They are liars do not buy from them. A guy named Ben came close to a good add kicking

Ask them if your furniture is a domestic or import. If it is an import-which it most likely is-it is @ 6 weeks from order to delivery. They should have already told you that.

View more comments (3)
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Terrible warranty and service | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

Sofa falling apart. Ashley furniture doing nothing about but run around. Talk good until get your $. Run away from this company. I bought extended "montage" warranty. They giving me the run around also. Anything to do to say it not their fault. Wanted me to wait to see if getting worse, then saying waited until warranty over. They have not returned phone calls just asking for help for phone numbers for someone who might help. Everytime call the people who were there before no longer work there. I think this is a terrible company. Tell all you know, Run Away From This Company. Do Not Spend Your Money There!!!!

Worst furniture experience in my life!!! I am reading all the reviews and could not agree MORE!!

worst customer service!! all they do is *** you around pushing you off to one customer service rep to another...sofa and loveseat made like total ***!! stuffing is like made of cotton balls or something...fraying, ripping color fading, pillows flat!!

they came and try to fix it SEVERAL TIMES but it is still falling apart...say what you want about Bob's Furniture but they will give u a new set with no problem and Raymour and Flanigan also stand by their products...BIG HUGE MISTAKE GOING TO ASHLEY FURNITURE!! surprised they have not gone out of business with the *** they are selling...LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!

I too wished I would of looked online before going back, I purchased a sofa and chair & the chair had black grease from the parts bag & they will do nothing about it since past the 24 hour period. It was completly wrapped, customer service said it must of happened on the way to my house & I couldn't prove it otherwise when it happened.

And the warranty I purchased you guessed it not cover it to remove the stains. Dealing with anyone there at the store or at the corporate office in Grand Praire Tx is useless. Your SOL!!!

Please spread the word, I am in process of filing with Attorney General & BBB. Dont let them treat us this way, they expect us to just go away and do nothing!!!

#241953

I totally agree! We bought a livingroom set from Ashley, it came with dark spots all over the cushion and now, 6 months later the cushions are smashing down in the frame that sits 4 inches below the base.

Talked to Ashley (what a joke)- was basically told SOL - the 30 days have passed and there is nothing they can do. The livingroom set is no longer being made, the material is no longer being purchased, our $129.00/5 year warranty is longer good. Shouldn't furniture last longer than 6 months?

If there is one thing we can all do is to spread the word that Ashley sucks and deter people from buying from them! Maybe with enough complaints, (and look all over the internet

there is a ton!) (I wished I had investigated them further) - Maybe Ashley will go out of business!

View more comments (2)
Ashley Furniture Sofa

Paid in full - store closed and no contact since | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

I paid in full for a couch I saw on-line on 11/19/10 for which the receipt was stamped delivery would be made within 4-8 weeks. Two weeks later I read in the local newspaper (Wichita Falls, Texas) how the store closed without notice leaving no contact numbers as to how or if we can get our furniture or money back. Another article said that the assets of the store were to be auctioned off 12/10/10 to satisfy unpaid taxes. I then contacted their "main" office on 12/4/10, talked with "Samatha" who took my name, what I bought and then literally had to be forced fed my contact information (phone number/address). Said she'd send an "e-mail" and that I would be added to the "list." Called back 12/11/10 and spoke with "Andrew" in consumer affairs. Told him about my previous call and he said he was sure I had been added to this "list" but I persisted in getting him to check. He acted put out but finally did so and guess what? I was not on said "list." So supposedly I am now. Andrew, just like Samatha, told me that while they were under no obligation to fill my order they would in the name of Ashleys but they couldn't tell me when. That 4-8 week delivery marked on the receipt appears to be a pipe dream. I then asked if it was possible to just get my money refunded to which he told me that I would have to contact the store. I told him the store was closed, no one was there, and besides that the owner had killed himself. To this he said there were 2 owners and that the other lived and owned an appliance store in San Angelo, Texas. Of course he didn't have the guy's number and referred me to Google. You can't tell me he didn't know how to reach that guy. End result - I have no couch and no money. I don't know what I can believe but you would think that this "owner" if he was any kind of respectible would at least attempt to rectify the complaints without the customer having to track him down. Yeah, I'm pissed.
Review
When I purchased my sofa set, breakfast table with chairs and bar stools back in 2005 I purchased a service agreement for $500.00 and was told I would get it back after 5 years if I didn't use the warranty. I started thinking this weekend about it and knew I hadn't...

This also happened to me in Ashley Canada. In order to use my $500.00 warranty in-store credit, i need to spend another $500.00.

No, keep my $500, i won't spend one cent with this furniture store any more. I would like to post our complains to their facebook page to let more people know their warrant is scam ***

View more comments
Review
#207258 Review #207258 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Ashley's delivered broken furniture new one still not received. | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

We purchased 4500.00 in furniture from Ashley's and still planned to purchase more for our new home. The sofa they delivered was broken. It was delivered around 12:30 - 1:00 am. Our delivery time was 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The couch they delivered was broken. The guys said they were going to leave the couch and Ashley's would be calling to schedule delivery of a new one. They have yet to call. I have had to do all the calling. The driver called me at 10:15 pm to tell me they had 3 more deliveries before getting to me. He said it would be 3:00am before they would get there. Couch was supposed to come last night. Guess what? No couch!!!! I am Pissed!!!!
Darci
#191636

I bought a sofa from Ashley's in Twin Falls, ID, a couple of years ago and had it delivered to Elko, Nevada, for an extra $65. When the driver arrived, he said there were originally 2 sofas just like mine.

He delivered the first one but when he was unloading mine, he said he accidentally ripped the underside fabric. I suggested he take the sofa back and return with another one that had not been damaged. He ASSURED me Ashley's would send a man out to replace the ripped material and no one would be the wiser. Well, I think the only reason the guy FINALLY showed up was because I had the 1 year, no interest loan on the sofa and I had talked with the store rep about 3 times before the loan was about to expire.

They finally sent some guy down with the wrong material. Whereas the original fabric had been a fine, black, mesh.. he brought a role of WHITE solid fabric. He stapled it on under the sofa and I could have done at least as well - plus I would have used a dark fabric.

The white shows up. It is too thick .. more like a fabric used under the cushions. I tried to correct it as best as I could.

I did not want to have to deal with a company 2.5 hours away.

(Elko is a VERY small town in the middle of pretty much nowhere.) I will NEVER visit another Ashley Furniture Store, again, even though I am happy with the sofa... except for the pseudo "repair" work.

Review
#198827 Review #198827 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Im not very happy | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

i bought A....y furniture first i bought a sofa and love seat it looks very nice and now i have a board in between the coucsion and the sofa then i bought a recliner taking the advice of the sales person he said it was one of the best, it's here in my living room its no good I'm trying to get the store owner to send it back to A....y so they can replace it they say they cant it has a one year warranty. something is wrong with this picture why wont theysend it back

Purchased a curio cabinet and it was damaged. Ashley tried to buy time to get it fixed and or replaced, so many excuses. I will not patronize Ashley again.

Ashley Furniture Recliner

Warranty was not honored | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

I bought leather furniture from Ashely store in Findlay store 3 years ago and I also bought the warranty with it. The furniture started peeling about 6 months after I got it. Ashley store recovered the 3 pieces. About 8 months later it started peeling again. I called the warrenty place and they would not cover it because they said it was to many spots to fix. I had Ashley store person come out to look at it and they said it would cost me 625 dollars to repair it even though I still have a warranty on it. Help. I bought this furniture from findlay ohio. I have done all my furniture buying from them and now I'm tired
Ashley Furniture Furniture Set

Furniture pieces missing takes two weeks for refund | Ashley Furniture review from Reston, Virginia

On February 28th2010 I purchased living room furniture from Ashley furniture in Elmhurst NY for the amount of 1683 dollars. I was informedthat part of the sectional was missing and it would take several weeks for it all to come together.As I wasnt ready for the delivery Icould wait for the 3 weeks promised. A red light should have gone off when I was told the entire amount had to be paid as this was company policy. I expressed my disappointment but agreed to pay all. I was told by my salesperson he would call the warehouse on Monday and call me to advise if the missing piece might in fact be there but the computer hadnt been updated.When I went home I decided to check the computer for any complaints on this site and a few others. Was I surprised how many there was so I decided to return to the store and cancel my order so I wouldnt have the same problems as so many people did. While waiting my turn I was surprised to hear a similiar story being told to a customer as what was told to me the day before. I then really knew my decision was corect to cancel. Also my salesperson who was supposed to call the warehouse and call me was not at work and wouldnt be until Wednesday which would conveniently be after the 48 hour window for cancellations without penalty. After explaining to the person handling my cancellation why I was cancelling and signing the necessary paper work I was waiting for her to adk for my credit card to refund my money and she politely tells me it takes 7 to 14 days for a refund. What kind of business is that? I was ready to hit the roof but all of this shows me I did the right thing I am just sorry I didnt check the computer before I went into the store and gave them my money.

Contact Ashley Furniture Customer Service

1.8
Compare Ashley Furniture vs Rooms To Go

Latest Question

Ashley Furniture Questions
I purchased a dining table set at REGENCY FURNITURE in Waldorf MD in November with a 5 years protection plan. I discovered a defect on the table and notified them with emails and photos. They sent the file to the manufacturer (ASHLEY REGENCY FURNITURE) and it took 2...

worse customer service ever, impossible to communicate using the phone, they said that they are experiencing a large number of calls. I wonder why, if there a lost of complains about the their service.

Please stay away from this place....

View more comments