Ashley Furniture - Was sold a "DURABLEND LEATHER" set, were told it was leather!!!
Bought the living room set in January of 2014 (estimate).Within a few months the "LEATHER" started peeling.
I thought it would be just a very small part but it continued to get worse and worse. Finally, my wife called 13 months after purchase ($2,500 sofa, love seat and recliner) and were told they only had 6 month warranty and nothing they could do. They STILL at this point did not make it clear to us this was not LEATHER, literally, there is only 17% leather. Here I am 3 months after my wife called and I am looking under the foot rest of the sofa, UNDER!!!
I saw it, DuraBlend, never once mentioned to us. I strongly feel we were misled. Ashley furniture had many opportunities to explain to us we were not purchasing leather. MANY.
Please see pics.Damage is worse now but pic is only when a few months old.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ashley Furniture Durablend Leather Furniture Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I have had this sectional couch for a little over two years but it has started to peel. It was bought at Ashley Furniture in Davie, FL a little over..."
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "February 16, 2012 I purchased a Durablend Black Reclining Sofa "ASH2370088" and Also purchased The Durablend Black Reclining Loveseat w/ console "ASH2370094" , and Purchased the 5-year Extended..."
- "I honestly came across this page when I first contemplated ordering from SOE and the negative reviews caught my attention, as it naturally does for most people, then I did..."
- "Cashew was my family's 11 year old Golden Retriever. On November 18, 2011, Cashew went to Makai Animal Clinic for a routine operation. We had been taking all 6 of..."
- "The minute I got off the plane, got picked up in an overstuffed van and taken to a motel for orientation with the other suckers, fed cheap snacks and juice..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "Never have I had an experience that required me to go so far as to contact a corporate office, I am not one who cares to complain and typically find..."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."